the Rift

[OPEN] Thawing Frozen Bones [Penguin, Acceptance]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

I am sorry. It was enough for Kahlua. Her feelings where rather fleeting anyway, being that she was a little too shallow to hang on to them for very long. She wished and washed in and out of memory, but it was easy enough to forget the sadness that remembering caused. She stood there a long moment, just taking in the fire. Her brain was surprisingly empty throughout the time. The dancing flames were almost mesmerizing. As the unicorn's words cut through the air, Kahlua flicked her ears to listen but kept her eyes on the flames. She turned her head only when she responded with words. “I only aim to please.” The words had a hint of jest to them, as though she was having a moment of fun. Still, they could not have been closer to the truth. Of course, whom she aimed to please was a different matter entirely. The painted mare had not really been Kahlua's target; rather, Penguin had just been in the right place at the right moment. Nothing wrong with that, though- happy accidents.

As the fire's danced playfully in the chilly winter winds, Kahlua looked back to them. Amongst the trees she heard the sounds of scraping across the forest floor which instantly put her on edge. She still had not gotten over the fright of Onni's claim that monster's inhabited the darkness; similarly, she still had not decided how to deal with this fright. Her muscles stiffened momentarily, until the form of a familiar horse broke through the shadows. Visibly relaxing, Kahlua let a smile grace her face as the Wild Rose struggled with a branch. “Penguin,” her voice responded in the bright and lilting tone that so frequently made her words dance. “Hello again, Smoke.”
Well then, give me some sign. Show me that what I'm doing is right. I mean, sure, I never asked permission to go gathering lost souls from the Threshold but then... if I'm good at it, shouldn't I be doing what's right? But you see Smoke, good at them or not, I can't be doing things that aren't making my name more well-known. So give me a sign, show me this isn't a waste of my time. Show me this isn't totally detrimental to my intentions.
As Kahlua's concern that she may not actually be doing the right thing overtook her thoughts, she suddenly found herself being herded forward. Not one to argue with a higher power, Kahlua trotted a few steps until she was closer to the flames. Icicle. A laugh feel from her lips at the comment and her blue eyes danced in the flickering light. Other than that, though, she remained quiet, as the Moon Doctor's words were for the unicorn and not herself.

Not one to stand idly while she could be making a good impression, though, she decided to try and assist Smoke. Without any of the finesse that Smoke seemed to have in doing her job, Kahlua moved around to the far side of the branch and stepped down on another portion of the branch to break it. After several tries, and rather proud of herself for it, she had a portion broken off that she nervously nosed towards the flame. She dare not travel so close to the flames as Smoke, but she figured that it was at least one less step the Moon Doctor would have to complete.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thawing Frozen Bones [Penguin, Acceptance] - by Penguin - 07-22-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: Thawing Frozen Bones [Penguin, Acceptance] - by Kahlua - 07-22-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: Thawing Frozen Bones [Penguin, Acceptance] - by Penguin - 07-28-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Thawing Frozen Bones [Penguin, Acceptance] - by Penguin - 08-15-2013, 08:38 PM