the Rift

[PRIVATE] no room for innocence

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
It had been to long, Mother Moon. Too, too long. With the return of the purple hues I could feel the pull of souls yanking into my brain. Some were stronger than others but I had no real reason to connect with them. All were singing songs of pain and misfortune. All were souls that were haunting the land upon which I was walking on. But what real reason did I have to even acknowledge their presence? Besides, as it seemed, Mother Moon still hadn't fully returned - either that or she had grown weaker over this endless night. I wasn't always connected with these lingering souls - though the four closest to me never seemed to lack their appearance. I wondered why, on occasion, such was true but in the end decided to push it to the back of my mind.

So, as I pushed my way on through the forest I didn't even pay attention to the roots that were strewn through the ground staggering upwards just enough to clip my hooves in an attempt to trip me. I, on the other hand, would not be tripped so easily. My hooves snapped up in a swift movement before my frame continued to float through the forest. I felt no desire to run. The self-harming thoughts that had plagued my mind as a young one were gone even though Zaron had not failed to remind me of the feeling of death. The monotony of movement and actions piling together and being squished into one. The way that everything lacked feeling. How it all seemed to be one tiny portion repeated. How I needed to feel pain to prove that I could feel anything.

When was that time? That time of insanity that had clung to my brain so sharply that it still had it's rods ingrained in my skull so that with the tiniest shock I could be sent over the edge? That time when I had gotten myself into a million fights, not afraid of dying, and simply asking for someone to come at me? How sharp the image of that insanity was! But how vague was the idea of how long it had lasted. How vague was the attempt to find when it started in my life and when it ended. Wait. I knew when it started. It had started when I had lost Liebling. I had given up on the care and I had thrust myself forward and challenged anyone in my path. Such a thing had caused me to stumble upon this world. But when I had stopped - that was something I wasn't sure on. Perhaps that might be because it was now forever a part of me. Perhaps that insanity was why I still had that insatiable desire for blood lust. Perhaps I had only gained that insanity because in all truth I had never felt any emotion at all - I had only felt pain.

It took me a second to realize the pull of the spirits had seemed to get more chaotic - as if they were screaming for... something. I didn't care. I didn't want to listen to their thoughts, it was too draining on my frame to do so. But, the anxiety to which they were pulling to gather my attention did allow my eyes to start to really take in the world that I was traveling around in. Instantly, I caught sight of someone careening through the forest with no real cares in the world. It seemed as though they were attempting to gain an adrenaline rush, that was all.

And then, the creature with flecks of red manifesting upon her frame seemed to stop suddenly. Her entire body residing beside a tree, though only about half of her frame was shadowed. I eyed her for a few moments, taking in her breathing as she stood there. I took careful steps, inching forward from behind the mare as I had been a few feet back, looking at her appearance and turning around a little to watch as she came to a screeching halt. I was careful in my approach - but not because I wasn't up for a fight - but simply because we didn't need much more attention drawn to the new group, The Asylum, than necessary. "Ello there, kleine. What has brought you to this forest?" I purred, fully emerging from the shadows I had been standing in before heading around a good horse length from her face. Time to see what I had been given to play with...

769 words
@[Sia]
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Messages In This Thread
no room for innocence - by Sia - 07-22-2013, 03:07 AM
RE: no room for innocence - by Seele - 07-24-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: no room for innocence - by Sia - 07-30-2013, 11:23 PM