the Rift

Discover the unknown [Ink]

Olema Surema Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She understands.

I could jump for joy, she understands! I smile dreamily up at my nightingale as she drifts towards me, her features ghastly. I'm sure I look an odd thing, but I wish she would not despair so. To soothe her I reach up and hold her with my long, foreign neck. She weeps into my chest as her own head curls against me. There there, everything will be alright so long as we have each other. Such is what I wish to say, but I can only hold, I can only exhale warmth into her body which has run cold with fear and confusion.

What has he done to me? She asks and I can give no answer, because I have none even if I had a way to give it. I glance away, hoping she does not see how morose I am by all of this. I'm just glad she is back and that she knows me, let me relish in that brief happiness while I can.

Surema is of course, not satisfied with only that. "He stole your voice too?" I'm perplexed by this question she poses me and glance thusly at her troubled gaze. Can he not speak either? How curious, I think, but it's little more than that, for now.

Surema trembles. I snap my attention back to her, eyes widening as I feel her heartbeat against mine. Uh oh.

Rage drives my nightingale to stand. In a flurry of white she is upon the black colt. I try to call out to her, to plead sense with her, but I am silenced and my legs, a different length than my normal ones, wobble uncertainly beneath me. Too late I see her lunge, her teeth snapping for his nape. She will kill him I fear, although at this point I don't much care. I just hope he doesn't have the answer to my problem and die with it.

Messages In This Thread
Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-02-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 04:53 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 05:33 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM