the Rift

Discover the unknown [Ink]

Olema Surema Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I follow.

I trust her implicitly and I sense that she has figured this out more than I have. My head hurts trying to sort it all out, and I am thirsty. Perhaps that collision took more from me than I thought? I feel so, weak. I also miss the feel of my wings. My shoulders, so bare and naked, feel exposed and tall and ugly. I shrink closer to my sister. her presence soothes me and I trail soft, gentle kisses of my maw across her side as we walk.

We get tot he stream and I slip into its water. I feel immediately refreshed, and my head feels clearer, my limbs sturdier. I smile, and Surema grins back. I sip of my own accord, my thirst unquenchable it seems the more water I pull in. "No." Surema states, her voice harsh. My body was not the same deep and shiny black as Ink's, not any more. I was not aware, but it had begun to fade to a dingy brown. Surema knows what I do not - Ink's magic provides him his communication, but it also cloaks him black, staining his hairs. Something neither of us know yet however, is that I cannot copy his magic. Without it, the original transfer has begun to pale, the hairs turning their true bay.

"Try to paint!" Surema calls. I glance strangely at her. "Your tail, use your tail!" I glance back at my long, black tail and wave it back and forth across my rump. It flings water, but little else. Frustrated, Surema grinds her teeth. I'm worried now. Something has upset her. I go towards her, my damp maw leaving marks as I stroke her backside. I feel her calm beneath me, her muscles unwinding, her nose pressing against mine.

We stand for how long, I cannot know, but when we break apart, we are ourselves.

Messages In This Thread
Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-02-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 04:53 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 05:33 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Ink - 08-06-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Discover the unknown [Ink] - by Olema Surema - 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM