the Rift

[OPEN] The shadows betray you

Fawkes Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
@[Shadow] first please. Sorry this took me forever, I take it he sorta went unconscious and then you can supply the details after that.

The lights went out. I'm not talking about the sun, I knew it was gone it had been for some time. I was talking about the little orange balls that hung off the trees. I was thinking about a glow of violet eyes. I couldn't see them, and I couldn't move. I don't remember what happened. I was in this void of darkness, scarcely aware my heart thumped, and my lungs still carried on their errands. I must be alive? Why couldn't I open my eyes? Why couldn't I stand up? Why couldn't I wake up?

It felt strangely what it might have been like waiting to be born. Except I wasn't going to be born again. I wasn't in water bubble. I was aware of who I was, where I had come from. My name was Fawkes. I certainly wasn't a phoenix meant to rise from ashes. Ashes that had always consumed my life with their toxic suffocation. So I wasn't meant to be anything more than a unknown soldier. So was I merely waiting to die?

Death was pretty peaceful unless this was the final serenity I received before meeting the fiery depths of damnation. I didn't think there would be any angels asking me to heaven's gate. Quietly, my heart continued to thump so calmly, but I was still consumed in this weird haze. Things began to warm up around me, and my cold body began to twitch in fright. I was no longer breathing easy as my blood pressure begin to rise, and I could feel the strange heat strengthen. Heat that shouldn't have existed. I didn't know any better, the littlest warmth feeling like I was set ablaze. It didn't matter. This was hell wasn't it? I waited for the fire, the burn, and the chorus of demons that would feed off the remains of my soul.
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Shadow - 07-23-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 07-23-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Kri - 07-26-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Shadow - 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 08-08-2013, 12:27 AM