the Rift

[OPEN] The shadows betray you

Fawkes Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Having scared her I wanted to laugh, the idea made my lungs hurt alone. Instead I was sure I kept grinning like the fool I was. My blue muscle shivering, very aware I was no draped by the warmth of her wing. Hadn't I felt I was burning moments ago? Light puzzlement etches my brows downward, as I try to listen to her chew me out. I can see black dots creeping in front of my eyes, and I have to close them again, letting my face remain upon the hard ground. "Fine," I muttered, wishing to say a lot more words, ones that might have been better. I lacked the care, and the strength. Since it seems she will not say another word, I try to collect my breathing. Suddenly, I'm really tired and even this dirt patch seemed to make a great pillow. I find myself searching for the void I been in, where it was warm very unaware there was someone else who was coming to see us. Shadow herself seemed to make the ground shake with her displeasure. I have an urgency to get up, comfort her. I think I'm mad at her? Wasn't I? I continue to lie there in a frozen heap, wishing I could go back to sleep instead.

If on cue I open my eyes hearing my name, barely lifting my head to see a dark sand colored mare with what I thought was blond mane. I remember Shadow, how I am not just in some cozy dream. I remember that awful panic of hell, and death. So I manage to keep a bit of the black mare's words in my head, try to decipher what happens next. When her violet eyes find me I can't hide from them, though I try since I feel like a stupid, useless rock. Especially, since it seemed this mare was of great importance. How my mind managed that I didn't know. Maybe, it was the way Shadow spoke.The man in me attempts again to shift my body, but my limbs pretty much stretch uselessly in front of my blue frame. "I'll... be fine if I can get up," I say, wanting so badly to stand for many reasons. Again, I try, managing to up right a single, silver hoof.

@[Kri]
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Shadow - 07-23-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 07-23-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Kri - 07-26-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Shadow - 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: The shadows betray you - by Fawkes - 08-08-2013, 12:27 AM