the Rift

[OPEN] Pandora's Fateful End :: Death Thread

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The spectral marsh has been my home for as long as I can remember now, and I do not appreciate unwelcome visitors.

And so it is with a vague sense of satisfaction that I wander into a scene smelling of blood and sounding of chaos. Oh, there's Amara - though I know it's really Eris. Perhaps this little gathering isn't so unwelcome after all, if she is here. Although she really doesn't seem to know what to do with herself. Hmm. Maybe it is only Amara. Maybe Eris is one of these others grouped around. My mouth twists in a sort of grimace as I walk forward, my head held high. I'm of a higher rank now, after that spar with Eris; ah, Eris, Eris, Eris, how I want to please you! Perhaps this is a test, a way to find out how I would handle this situation. Well, I will pass with flying colors, just you watch me!

Eris couldn't possibly be the terrified mare with all the lacing along her back. She's screaming and panicking and just throwing a fit, isn't she? What a mess. I scoff at her and move forward, my auds flickering for a hint of Eris's voice, my orbs scanning the ground before me for any sudden drop offs or mud holes. I don't particularly like to get dirty, which makes calling the Marsh home a bit... odd, come to think of it. Still, it's where Eris brought me, and if she says it's home, then home it is. I take a few steps forward, and then something new appears in my vision, something that was previously hidden by darkness.

And I am confused, because Eris could not possibly be Mother, but she could not be a dying Auntie, either.

I gasp, pausing in my haughty gait, unable to tear my eyes away from the scene before me. Mother cradles Auntie, who is bleeding quite profusely. That's whose blood I smelled? That is who is the cause of all of this? Anger and fear bubble up in my breast simultaneously. On the one hoof, I want to track down whoever did this to Auntie and kill them; on the other, I need to find Reizend to heal her. But will our healer help an outsider? Should I want her to? Should this horrible mixture of emotions be present in me?

I take a step forward, and then I hesitate.

Surely love is not a sign of weakness. I may not love Mother, but Auntie always tried to help me. She always tried to get me out when Mother was smothering me.

Please don't die, Auntie.

Another step forward, and a whispered word, inaudible: "Please." And another step, another lyric, louder now: "Don't die." I arrive beside the only mare that I have unconditionally loved, besides Eris. My maw is by her face, and I sniff slightly before I try to say, "Please don't leave me, Auntie." Maybe I didn't see you very much, maybe I left you alone in the Throat, but please, Auntie, please don't leave me like this. Please don't let this be the last. Please, Auntie.

Please.

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Skysong
venomxbaby.deviantart.com || momotte2stocks.deviantart.com || KeriAnn-Art.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Pandora's Fateful End :: Death Thread - by Rowan - 07-24-2013, 12:55 AM
RE: Pandora's Fateful End :: Death Thread - by Skysong - 08-15-2013, 08:30 PM