the Rift

[OPEN] Checkmate! // Tonka, Post-Challenge, Edge Members

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

Today was a good day, for my brother had gained yet another victory. The Edge itself was victorious today, for we had captured yet another member of the wretched Assassins group, the supposed leader of them all. While I might normally feel at least a little bad for our prisoners, not an ounce of pity was given to the bastard that called himself a leader to this outrageous band of vagabonds.

My feet were in motion the moment that my brother's call caught in my ears, and it was without a doubt that I knew why he had called. It wasn't a cry of pain or a plea of help, but of righteousness, reassuring those of the Qian that his attempts to rein in another prisoner had worked out after all. Almost surprisingly, the corners of my lips curled upwards in a grin; I was excited to finally see the face of the one who ran this band that was so desperately trying to take my home away from me.

As I drew near, I could hear Kaj's voice and resisted the urge to chuckle at his choice of words. They were crude, but they were so, so true. But then, the bloodied bay stallion dared to speak against my pale brother, and within an instant, my ears were nearly flattened against my neck.

"Apparently he can," came the unusually stoic, annoyed tone that had managed to wedge its way into my throat, "I mean, he did make you come here, surely against your own will." By now, my mouth had dropped its grin and was long since replaced by a sneer. I couldn't believe that this stallion, who stood adequately taller than myself and Kaj, would be so foolish to speak this way as a prisoner. He would play by our rules, lest he meet an end similar to Ignita's.

Above us, Suli had taken perch on a lower hanging limb, quietly observing the three of us with her calculating, violet gaze. I wondered what she thought of my sudden turn in emotion, for I was acting out of my norm, but I had had enough of intruders marching into my home all willy-nilly, or trying to steal my family out from under my nose. Perhaps, in all honesty, this is what I needed to become.

Stepping closer, I took a close observation of the Qian's newest addition to our prisoners, my gaze scrutinizing. Kaj had done well in immobilizing our foe, at least for a little while, and I would make sure to congratulate him on a job well done later on. When my own bister eyes landed on the dark blue of the bay, my ears tipped back once again, but they were no longer flattened.

"One would think that coming from the likes of you, who wants the Edge for yourself as far as I've heard, you wouldn't compare it to Hades."

"Talk."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Checkmate! // Tonka, Post-Challenge, Edge Members - by Destrier - 07-26-2013, 09:06 PM