the Rift

[OPEN] Do You Take Your Russians Black or White?

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A n t h e i a
from caring comes courage..

I my orbs were slowly being covered by their warm blanket. But as I fell asleep, I could feel and hear Kahlua's hooves beating against the Earth, yet my eyes still closed, resisting to stay open.
---
I dreamed of Kahlua, Harmony, and me, running across a field of flowers with a rainbow for us to canter through. It was a bright sunny day and the birds were singing along with our hooves as they made a beating sound against the hard ground. The soft green grass, topped with wet dew, danced at our legs. Everything was so beautiful, so colorful. The three of us were united into one, friends forever as if you could never break us apart. And it was probably true, we were best friends. I guess, I knew I was friends to them, but I didn't how they felt about me.
---
I woke up to Kahlua. "Antheia, you sneak!" I chuckled and stood up. I nudged Kahlua side gently and smiled, thinking of my past. If she wanted to know she could know, I didn't mind at all. "Well, okay, let me tell you then!" I shouted in a happy voice and then chuckled. I had to think, for I had forgotten about most of my history but then it just seemed to pop into my dome.
"I was born to my loving mother. She was so beautiful and sweet. I never saw my father but my mother did say that he wasn't coming back for me. It was a warm sunny day, but there was snow on the ground. My mother didn't think I would make it because I was so small at birth and most foals aren't born in the middle of the winter. Night came along and all the families went to bed, but then by next morning there was around three feet of snow. Our herd knew we would no longer be able to stay in our herd, so we set out. Later that day, another blizzard came and wiped out the horses of the herd. There might had been some still alive that I didn't know about but I knew most were gone. I didn't know how I made it but I lived. I walked away, not knowing where I would go but then I heard my friend Coal call out my name. He had somehow survived too. He was much older than me, maybe by a month or so? But we walked away together. Coal found us a cave to live in until the snow went down and we slept there for around two moons. Though, my friend got sick and was unable to move. I had gotten stronger, strong enough to run anyway. I stayed there, laying by his side until a pack of wolves found us. Coal told me to go, but I refused to until he pushed me away from him and the wolves got a hold of his body. I ran, knowing that was the only thing I could do. I wandered, went through many herds, but none seemed to fit me just right until I came upon Helovia. Apollo greeted me, he asked me if I wanted to join the Foothills but I had no idea how to fight so I turned him down. But he did lead me to the Edge where I met Kaj, and got accepted."
I took a deep breath, filling in my lungs and then letting out slowly, clouds of air rolling out of my nostrils. I smiled and dipped my head toward Kahlua, hoping she wouldn't freak out because I talked that into one big paragraph. Well, or so I thought it was a paragraph. I never really cared how I talked. She asked me about Harmony and a big wide smile came along my muzzle.
"Harmony isn't mine truly, but she is now. I adopted her out of the Threshold. She was cold and lonely. He mother abandoned her and so I took her in as mine, bring her home to the Edge where she met you and Rishima."
I grinned and nudged the painted mare. "What about you Kahlua? I asked the mare my big smile returning. I had told her my history and now it was her turn to tell me hers.

tag; @[Kahlua] & Open
wc; 717 words
occ; Eh, not the best in the world.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Take Your Russians Black or White? - by Antheia - 08-07-2013, 09:37 AM