the Rift

Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
Darkness fell over the land with a terrible vengeance. It was sickening to find the sky so lightless in the absence of the moon… Had the Goddess forsaken us? It had been some time now since I had become WeyrLeader of the Edge but I finally felt as if everything were falling into place, or as much as it could after the death of Tamira. At times the news left me feeling empty and broken but I often found myself trying to ignore the pain by allowing the serene chill of Frostfall to numb my senses. However, old threats would not lie dormant and upon hearing my name lifted to the heavens for the sake of battle, for the sake of testing these old bones- for what I wasn’t sure- I was more than eager to find out. While I found it curious that one could not challenge me within my own home, I was more than willing to oblige them with the brute force that had lead me blindly against Mirage in a spar meant to measure my tact for the position of WingLeader. However, now I would have to rely on her words of advice to lead me through yet another skirmish that would eventually come to define me not only as a leader but as a man as well. This was my moment of truth and how I came to discover it would only give me reason to decide whether or not I was truly fit to rule the Edge alongside the DragonHeart herself.

The snowy grounds seemed to give way beneath me which made the trek to my borders seem endless. I knew that a creature my size would have trouble keeping proper footing upon the hardened winter plains, but if I were to keep my head about me then I would have no problem maintaining the strategy such disadvantages would raise. My heart fluttered against my breast and the impending danger seemed to make my muscles clench with anticipation as I grew nearer my assailant. I was certainly eager to look upon the face that thought it wise to challenge me after such heartache and suffering in the name of Torasin, Solstice, and Tamira. Perhaps this was all I needed to release the pent up emotions that sought to drown me in their masses- and how the Goddess knew I desired release.

Through the trees, I found my intent. She wore the faintest of ivories upon her skin and though she was hauntingly beautiful, she was a threat nonetheless. However, upon opening her delicate mouth, I was more than pleased and disgusted to find that she represented the Assassins, upon whose lead we now entertained in our midst. I smiled kindly at the mare, quietly grazing over her physique and consequent advantages and disadvantages. She was similar in size to Mirage, though perhaps a bit taller. Yet still, I towered above her so much so that it was necessary for me to drop my eyes in order to find her own. I smiled kindly at the girl, humored by her attempts to make good by me in spite of what she had come here to do. Slowly, my lips parted as if I were trying to consider her offer before I nodded slowly, a steely grimace replacing whatever amiability had existed in the wake of her introduction. “Your intentions are honorable girl, but I cannot let you leave with your valuable prisoners… May this night be a reminder, to you and all those who worship your clan, a firm message from the Edge- disband or we shall do it for you.

With that, I gathered myself, gleaning from my previous spar with Mirage and moved forth at a slow lope, careful of where I placed my feet along the snowy ground. At times my hooves seemed to slip against the icy texture of the forest floor and while the towering pines seemed to block out the light of even the nearby lanterns, the pale mare was easy to see even in the darkness that made Helovia seem like the pits of hell itself. The nameless girl stood face to face with me and while she must certainly hear my approach, I hoped that it would be hard for her to see much of me due to my dark coat and the shadows that laced me in their hopeful embrace. I knew that I only had this moment to make my attack and I also knew that I wanted it to be powerful because as the larger animal in this fight, I was working with more bulk and strain than she. As I rounded to her left side, I snaked my head low and bared my teeth desiring to catch her awaiting flesh with vicious revenge.

Summary: Thor accepts the challenge and then proceeds to lope slowly forward, careful to keep his balance on the snowy ground and aim bared teeth for her left shoulder and left side.
Word Count: 800
Magic/Companions: 0/1
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Adrixaura - 07-25-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Thor - 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Adrixaura - 07-29-2013, 11:23 AM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Thor - 07-29-2013, 11:26 AM