the Rift

Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
The connection was sweet. Flesh and hair and blood all clenched between my teeth- it felt natural. I suppose you could say that I lost myself to the insanity of it all because I’m quite certain that somewhere along the way I’d lost my brain entirely. It was no longer a matter of logic or motive, but rather the natural desire for confrontation and success. I was a male and I found that as such, I had no problem relieving myself through the rapid fire of release in battle. If I had not been cool and collected before, I was certainly beginning to succumb to such restraints now. My body spoke before my mind could even process what was happening around me; it was sweet, it was primal, and it was absolutely invigorating.

Skin hung across my teeth as I dipped my face low in order to avoid a counter attack from the Assassin girl. I was not surprised to find that she had tried to grapple for my face, as predictable as she was. But of course at the awkward angle in which she moved, she was only able to wrap her yellowed stumps around a bit of my mane. The resulting tear set vicious flames to the crest from which the thick strands hung, but I was pushing through the pain before she could think she’d gotten the best of me. By distracting her, I had given myself enough time to rake the tender flesh of her right fore-shoulder. It certainly wasn’t what I had been aiming for, but it was certainly enough to make me steer away from her once more and into the trees standing tall beyond.

Now that I was careening away from her right side, I took advantage of the “downtime” by strategizing one last plan, one last point of victorious movement so that I might be done with the juvenile attempts this girl kept making to prove a point. A point would never be won on her behalf, or the Assassins. When would they finally just give up?

The ice welled up around my toes and gave me enough steady traction to slow to a lumbering trot. The darkness concealed my every move even if it did not keep the mare from hearing my lofty footfall. She had chosen to hide herself away between the trees so I decided to use them to my utmost advantage. If I could pin her against the very same tree she had used to shield herself with, I might be able to render her breathless by using the force of my own body to crush her whole upper half between myself and the oak she had taken such a liking to. With the darkness as my cloak and the snow as a buffer to soften the sound of my ascent, I accelerated marginally and drew back in to her right side. When I was close enough to spot her ghostly coat through the trees, I paused.

There I was, still enough to alert my prey to an oncoming attack, but unpredictable enough to keep her guessing as to what I had in mind. With a little power thrown back into my hulking haunches, I lunged forward once again toward her right side. I was quite certain that she would be expecting a bite or a kick, but would she assume that I had another plan up my sleeve? I knew that I would be opening myself up to an attack, but if she was rendered useless by a fit of coughing or even just mild confusion, it would be enough for me.

The ascent seemed slow in spite of the speed that closed the distance between us with relative ease. I hoped that once I made contact, she would be left gasping, clawing desperately for the air she craved. When I collided into what I thought to be the right side of her stomach, I made sure to throw all of my weight into the attack. After that, I used the remaining seconds to try and latch happily onto her withers, hoping to connect not only with the flesh there but the bone as well. I needed to feel this last bit of victory between my teeth before I was once again sent careening into the ethereal night, spinning and dancing upon the ice like a demon seeking its eminent demise.

Word Count: 734
Summary: Thor is bitten on the neck/mane (mane is ripped from his neck) before he runs away into the woods to the right of the mare. When he returns, he plans to use the tree she was standing next to in order to crush her upper half between the two. He returns to her right side and hopes to use the force of his speed and power of his body to render her useless via a coughing fit. He also tries to bite at her withers as his last attack.
Magic/Companions: 0/1
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

@[Adrixaura]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Adrixaura - 07-25-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Thor - 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Adrixaura - 07-29-2013, 11:23 AM
RE: Black Snowflakes [Challenge, Thor] - by Thor - 07-29-2013, 11:26 AM