the Rift

[OPEN] Hell Bound

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

With Hellena's words I nodded then proceeded to look at Resplendence as she continued to speak. As she spoke, she asked a question pertaining to how life was like as an outcast. My eyelids clicked as I blinked but in that time of blinking, I was also thinking.

How exactly was my life as an outcast? There were the pros and there were the cons but how you played your cards determined the outcome. But then again, that determined the outcome of anything. Your actions, your thoughts, your words, your relations; just about anything you could influence.

"It's not the best but it's certainly not the worst. If you can play your cards right, it certainly helps. It brings a sense of vulnerability but you learn to live with it. Five years of solitude and you get well adjusted particularly quick. Running off of your survival instincts helps... a lot. Every crack, every snap, you've got to be on guard. It's fun for an adrenaline junkie." That's all I said on the subject. I finished off with a quick snort of a laugh but then fell silent once more, my flight featherless wings dropping limply by my side in a relaxed sort of way.

"So perhaps let's exchange stories. What's it like in an established herd? I've never particularly had that experience." It was true. I had never experienced herd life. I had been shut out then forced to put up with a deranged and hateful 'mother'. The rest is history but it's a brutal history. I never regretted that though. I was vulnerable and I stopped my pursuer; done.

[[ooc: Apologies for the crappy post. It's from my phone and I was a hundred characters from what my phone let me types for some reason. :/ I should be back to normal by tomorrow.]]
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas maskhorsepattern

Messages In This Thread
Hell Bound - by Chemical - 07-25-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: Hell Bound - by Hellena - 07-28-2013, 05:48 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Chemical - 07-30-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Resplendence - 08-02-2013, 03:03 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Chemical - 08-02-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Hellena - 08-03-2013, 08:02 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Resplendence - 08-04-2013, 02:42 AM
RE: Hell Bound - by Chemical - 08-05-2013, 01:44 PM