the Rift

[OPEN] An Offer, A Proposal

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Res had been attempting to get used to these new lands she was to call home. It was so strange, all the mist. She had accepted the offer to join with such enthusiasm she had neglected to fully take in the surroundings of which she was to inhabit. The mist seemed to shroud all of the dangers - but it didn't hide the voices as they lingered through the lands.

Her tiny frame shuffled through the fog, her feet cautiously pressing into the ground with the intent to be as quiet as possible. Her audit was flickering around, trying to take in all the noise that was heading toward her ears. Voices. Quite a few of them to be exact. The millions of scents alerted her she was close to the border, and so she pulled up in the shadows behind the group.

And there it was, the prisoner demanding that we take his offer for an alliance and drop the entire thing of him being prisoner as well as others from his band. Resplendence's eyes narrowed. Never had she encountered someone so utterly rude in her life. And while she wasn't exactly the bravest person in the world - especially when there was a very, very, sharp horn upon his cranium and the mare who seemed to be with him also had wings that could easily injure her (yes, that belief was still forever ingrained in her skull) -she was not about to let this rudeness continue through. Someone should have been raised better than that. Of course, Mirage had asked for them to leave, and a few others had joined in. There was a pegasus lurking in a tree, but they had not gone about the horned-one's comments.

But, before she could exit the shadows to a) hide near Mirage in-case one of them decided to injure her and b) tell him to stop being so rude, Kaj appeared from the shadows with a windfall of anger. A snarl escaped his maw as he flew forward, wings threateningly in the air causing Res to shuffle back a few strides, her entire body tensing. He's not going to hurt me. He's mad at the rude one. No reason to be afraid. Good Gods that is scary... Her mind tumbled around, thoughts unwilling to plaster themselves in place. He was like a storm, not afraid to strike down it's most random victim.

Giving it a few minutes for her belief that he would calm down -which was probably rather unlikely - she finally allowed her tiny frame to emerge from the shadows. "You must have been raised better than that." she spoke, her tone turning into the motherly one she had only used a few times, when she still had her twins and her side and once with Loki when he had completely fallen apart before her. Her words were directed toward the prisoner, though she didn't clarify it with a name for she knew not of one - just that he was a prisoner who we were calling 'you'. She paused for a second to gather the very small amount of wits she carried as her limbs trembled ever so slightly in the mist, uncertain whether Kaj or Mirage would be better suited to cower next to. "I would stop being so rude, especially when the place you are staying has done absolutely nothing to harm you. You could be treated like scum, injured, not allowed to eat - but you are here and you are well. Now calm your words and temper and accept that there is nothing the Assassins can offer this place of caring, family-oriented individuals. Man up, sir. And man up does not mean scream profanities at those who are well above you. Accept defeat courteously and understand that you have lost. I would also not claim that you could release your demons upon us, for it seems you have failed once before..." Finally, her tiny voice with the only authority of a disappointed mother had fallen upon the ears (of course, whether they were deaf or not was not for her to really decide) and she began to shuffle her way to the other side of Kaj, careful to ensure that he was between her and the horned one who showed nothing but anger and rage at the mere idea of being stuck here and not 'winning' in some form.

742 words
So nice to be playing Res again
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
An Offer, A Proposal - by Hestia - 07-27-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: An Offer, A Proposal - by Mirage - 07-27-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: An Offer, A Proposal - by Hestia - 07-28-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: An Offer, A Proposal - by Mirage - 07-28-2013, 01:27 AM
RE: An Offer, A Proposal - by Sage - 07-29-2013, 12:12 AM