the Rift

[OPEN] Perfect Porcelain [aka "The Booby Trap" - Ophelia Capture]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
& your heart releases, You won't fall to pieces.
& your breath comes crashing in. </style>

Her lip trembled - but her mind was far too focused on the blaring white shape Ophelia had become, to still the tremor. She was almost impossible to look at it - as if all light had been intensified as it focused on her brilliantly white coat. Was this magic? Was...was the sun returning? Or perhaps it was simply the thick tears welling up in Phaedra's moist eyes. What...what..? Dazzlingly her mind reeled, almost causing the golden girl to take a stuttering step forward. Anxiety fluttered again in her breast, like a startled bird, as a single shutter of her eyelashes caused the frigid tears to both cleanse her vision, and stain her sooty cheeks.

Phaedra, why are you here?

So calm. Hadn't Phae sounded like that moments ago? Cold? Reserved? She felt that if she were to try and speak now, that her voice would shatter like so much frozen ice. For a moment, her emotions wavered violently - the imagery turning to shattered Ophelia's frosty demeanor - but quickly faded.

And Ophelia wasn't even afraid. The world slowed, and for a moment, Phaedra saw herself as Stella did: Ophelia stood taller, and made skinnier perhaps by her white coat and lack of wings. Calm interest starkly contrasted the wave of emotion that threatened to crash and break over the sooty palomino at any moment. Wings outstretched in intimidation, Phaedra appeared more a naked child, than a force to be reckoned with. Tan breast bared for all it was worth, as her curly mane shuddered and danced with each hesitant and frosty breath. Of course Ophelia wasn't afraid.

Phaedra, why are you here?

Not, Phaedra, I'm glad to see you. Not, I wanted to say goodbye in person - not simply shout it at the trees and leave. Not even, Take care of yourself. Just

why are you here.
Why are you still bothering me.
I should have left you to the cold, that day in the Threshold.

why are you here.

"WHY ARE YOU" The sudden burst tore from Phaedra's lips, spewing small glistening lines of spit with the force. Her voice was both a scream and a cry - breaking horribly in the middle with an ugly vocal crack, so unlike her normal flirtatious chimes. Her body was visibly moved forward as the words escaped her lips; her wings bending forward with the effort. A dusty warmth painted her cheeks as the heat of her emotion rose even above the freezing temperatures, tears streaming anew down muzzle. "Why are you here and not home!"

Her muzzle rolled as her eyes a'lit dangerously, as Ophelia's goodbye wavered in her mind. "YOU did this to us! You made us what we are! Made me what I am!" - better. Her voice was now a powerful yell, as her emotion fueled the words, instead of merely cracking them into ugly sounds. Even her tears had momentarily stopped. "Why am I here? You made me to be here! To stealth, and spy, and steal!" As her adrenaline peaked, she paused for a moment, drawing a confident breath, though knowing it wouldn't last.

Again the lip tremble.

Again the tears.

"You ..you said we were a family." She nearly whispered, her voice devoid of the powerful anger of only moments ago. "We aren't a family without you and...and.." Tears. Crocodile tears. "..you didn't even ask me to come.."

Her lip continued to tremble, but as before, the golden girl sharply raised her muzzle to stop any more tears from glistening from her eyes. She both wanted to hate Ophelia, and to be comforted by her. Was her ego too large, that should Ophelia ask her to leave the Gray, that she would decline? To take her prisoner? But what would that prove? Did they all love her so much, as to allow this abandonment?

Who was wearing the rose coloured glasses? The herd? or Phae?

Or was it Ophelia?

@[Ophelia]

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perfect Porcelain [aka "The Booby Trap" - Ophelia Capture] - by Phaedra - 07-29-2013, 09:11 PM