the Rift

[OPEN] Perfect Porcelain [aka "The Booby Trap" - Ophelia Capture]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
& your heart releases, You won't fall to pieces.
& your breath comes crashing in. </style>

In those moments as Ophelia spoke, the age difference between the two disappeared, and Phaedra's emotional childishness began to show. The Spy had only ever learned how to manipulate emotions, but never to deal with the ones that she truly felt.

I have lost everyone who was important to me

It was likely a simply mis-step on Ophelia's part. She certainly had meant, lots who were important to me, or perhaps lost everyone [in my past] who was important to me - something similar. Surely she did not mean everyone. Yet those were the words ringing in the Golden Spy's ears. And oh how they rang. They rang like the chimes one hears before fainting, like unspoken words uttered after a quarrel. Vaguely she heard Ophelia apologize, and give her reasons. Vaguely, her mind noted that they made sense...that Ophelia was no brutal trader of lives and goods for payment. But they left no impact upon her mind, for it was already too full, the words too loudly repeating.

I have lost everyone who was important to me

Everyone spy, her mind cruelly spoke, echoeing Ophelia's voice. Does not include you.

She was merely collateral damage. Of course Ophelia hadn't asked her to come along with her, nor had she spoken out about these feelings to the spy previously; Phaedra was not one who was important.

Fire burned anew in her sooty breast, and as her sea-green gaze rose once again, this time it was lit from within with an angry passion. Her ears lay flat against her skull, as an even, icy cold voice left her throat:

"You are a sophist. Your words sound right and rational, but you are only fooling yourself; taking the easy way out." Her voice rose slightly as more emotion crept in - the Golden Spy was only able to maintain an icy tone of voice for so long for she wasn't as practised as Ophelia was. "It must be a small world you live in, to have lost everyone you cared for. If I meant so little to you Ophelia, do not coddle me now with more promises you never mean to fulfill, and more lies."

Her creamy tail snapped at her hocks, as her wings fanned upward. They were still raised, but now hugged her sides so evenly that the trail beside her was easily accessible. "Sorry doesn't fix anything. Sorry is an excuse" - These words, spoken from Phi to Tor (and retold to the spy by Apollo), now seemed fitting. Given the Gray's reaction to Ophelia leaving, Phae was confident that they would have altered their processes and plans to succumb to whatever it was that Ophelia needed to maintain her sanity. Perhaps they would have disbanded entirely, and simply become The Foothills if that's what it took to stay together.

As a Family.

"I wash my hands of you Ophelia. You took me in when I had no where to go, and gave me a purpose. I am what I am today, because of you. For better or worse." Her head dropped low, letting a small green amulet fall off of her sooty neck and onto the ground. The Earth Amulet she had stolen from Arathea so long ago, to prove her loyalty and ability. Raising her head, it became clear that once again her eyes were moist. "Consider that debt paid. I will always consider you my family Ophelia, for that is what the Gray are, together or not. But never again shall I come to you with love in my heart."

[If you want this to end, Phi can just watch Phae fly away. But I wanted her to have a chance to reply]

@[Ophelia]

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perfect Porcelain [aka "The Booby Trap" - Ophelia Capture] - by Phaedra - 08-07-2013, 12:27 PM