the Rift

Into The Cold Unknown

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I shifted my weight ever so subtly. My petite frame's muscles shifting in perfect unison in order to support where my center of gravity had now shifted to. I did not stand in a threatening stance, but of course, some did find those with horns to be rather threatening - especially if they had never seen one of us before. He seemed to be mulling through the options in his head, figuring out the exact wording of which to respond with.

He didn't seem crazy, not to me, really, so I supposed it was a good thing I had not granted him with too much information other than the purpose of our band. That was, unless he wished to be a healer, then there would be a much different conversation on our trek back up toward our home in the Spectral Marsh. His words were chosen, as if sculpted away in order to ensure that it was fitted to sound perfectly mannered.

Just as I went to allow myself to respond another stag appeared from the shadows, horned as well as adorned with the dark coat I was blessed with. Though, his was broken up by huge patches of white unlike the white clownface which I had painted on. The stag, Solace, seemed to be watching us, as if he was waiting for us to snap and yell at him for not realizing that he really was crazy. But, in all honesty, I was far from doing that. If he did not believe himself to be crazy, nor did he believe himself to wish to heal then he served no real purpose to me. The new unicorn introduced himself, apologizing for intruding upon the conversation. I gave him a light smile and a bob of my head - better to play nice while we decide what our true mark is going to be. We do not need a bunch of herds attempting to break us up before we gather a chance at gaining the home we so wished to have. "It is fine. It would not be a normal trip to the Türschwelle if more than one person did not attempt to snatch the new recruit. And the pleasure can be returned, especially when I stumble upon another who has a home who was granted with manners." I spoke, German heritage spilling over in my word choice and consonants. Apollo then explained completely about what his home had to offer. The only differences, in my head, was that no one was obscenely crazy and they actually had a stable environment to thrive in. One of this difference we would fix in the future - hopefully the near future.

Solace seemed to accept this offer with the Foothills, so I swished my tail with a curt nod of my head. "Solace, you were looking at us as though we were going to jump you for saying no?" I inquired, tilting my head ever so slightly to the side. "Just because we are crazy does not mean we expect everyone to be. If you are not, and don't wish to heal it is fine. I wish you the best in your travels - you too Apollo - but I would like to give one last word before we depart." I explained, pausing ever so slightly to gather my breath, "Keep in mind that your mind, nor your heart, truly make the decisions of your life. What makes the decisions is your soul - deep inside. Not only is it your sustaining life force, but depending on how you take care of it, it can also decide what path to take in life. Your heart and your mind are controlled by your soul. I hope, kleines, that you take that into account with every action you make - it can only better your life." I offered, the dead souls from those who had not survived the winter still tugging at my heart strings. And, really, with no true soul to connect to from the bunch I only attempted to relay the message which I could understand from the tugs and pulls on my brain as they cried out to be heard.

So, with those last words I gave Eris a light bump on the shoulder to motion to her to join me in leaving the two alone before disappearing into the shadows. The souls, they would never stop calling...

745 words
Seele and Eris shall be making their exit as Seele leaves them with slightly confusing words. Sorry, the psychic mare likes to be cryptic - she means well though. Basically "follow your heart" and Türschwelle means "Threshold" and "kleines" loosely means "poor babies"
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Messages In This Thread
Into The Cold Unknown - by Solace - 07-28-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Into The Cold Unknown - by Seele - 07-28-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: Into The Cold Unknown - by Eris_ - 07-29-2013, 06:55 AM
RE: Into The Cold Unknown - by Solace - 07-29-2013, 01:24 PM
RE: Into The Cold Unknown - by Seele - 07-29-2013, 05:16 PM