the Rift

Shall We Dance? [Training Spar, Archibald]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Conflicted honey-brown eyes stared up at the night sky, taking in the sight of the glowing moon and the stars. The rays from the moonlight, once so mysterious and uncertain, now filled the painted stallion with a feeling of hope. Although the eternal darkness remained, its reign was slowly beginning to crumble, its kingdom falling beneath its imaginary feet. Hopefully soon everything could return to normal.

Releasing yet another breath, misty tendrils floated upwards from his nostrils and towards the starry sky. Apollo's head lowered, the crystalline horn upon his head glinting in the moonlight like a jeweled crown. Around him a frigid breeze danced through the air, kicking up powdery snow and causing the overo to shiver. Things were changing... Perhaps far too quickly for the stallion's liking. The eternal darkness, the moon's return, and then Ophelia's departure... What would happen to those of the Grey? They would survive, certainly, lead by Ktulu's guidance, but things would change. It was inevitable.

Standing beneath the moon and stars in a clearing of the Foothills, snow glinting upon the ground like tiny diamonds, Apollo thought. He was no warrior, no prized fighter like their great General, but he had fought for the Grey, and he had drawn blood for them. Would he do so again? The medic gave a furious snort. Of course. There wasn't any doubt in his body that he would fight for his family once more, if the need arose. Except...

"I lack the skills to keep them safe," Apollo murmured to himself, head lowering, tail flicking to the left, "If something happens, I should be ready to fight and protect them." He would always be a gentle soul, but a part of him needed to be tempered, to be shaped and molded like a fine blade. In his mind, a decision was made, and with a deep inhale Apollo lifted his head back towards the heavens, determination set in his eyes.

"General!" He called, his voice echoing across the silent, frozen land, "I request a spar, to challenge my own body and mind. I want to be ready, I want to fight!"

[ooc: Friendly/Training spar with Archibald. This is a teaching spar.
Setting: Apollo is standing in a clearing of the Foothills in the midst of the night, with the moon high in the sky to give ample light. There's a soft frigid breeze, enough to remind everyone that Frostfall is still in full swing. Trees surround them in an arc, but there is ample room for them to spar.
800 word max | No Companions | 3 Attack posts. Archibald can attack first.]

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Shall We Dance? [Training Spar, Archibald] - by Apollo - 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM