the Rift

[OPEN] Empty nights bring starlite sights (Kri, Hector, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

Days rolled by, illuminated by a moon that never set; never waned. Stars that didn’t flickered out and give way to a forceful sun. Time stood still, the planet seemed to pause; unmoving, without breath. Frozen in time. I trailed above the very edge of our home, eyeing the wall below with mixture of disappointment and wonder. Without Earth magic it was a pile of useless rubble, as lifeless as the steel that hung around my broad shoulders. Even though a great cheer had rose up when the moon appeared—and folks had even dared to hope that it would soon set.

Those glimmers of anticipation flickered to life in the hearts of my brethren only to be stifled again when nothing changed day after day. I knew. It wasn’t over; my powers had flickered back to life—but the flame was weak, hardly a glow. I could barely harness my power in a way that wouldn’t injure those standing in close vicinity. Until everything was restored fully, it was likely that all magic would remain broken.

Wings beat the night air strongly and with sure purpose; it was chilly because of a never ending blast of cool air that seemed to filter from a North that suffered for a moment of sun. Each raspy breath came as a mist that rose only to fall behind from the speed at which I moved. My eyes searched the land for anything which would threaten our safety; we were still on high alert after all. No time for a wandering mind.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Empty nights bring starlite sights (Kri, Hector, Open) - by Midas - 07-30-2013, 12:19 AM