the Rift

[OPEN] Empty nights bring starlite sights (Kri, Hector, Open)

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

"The time may come sooner than we think," I say shortly, my voice warm despite the cool meaning of the words. War may be settling on our horizon, and I wished not to miss any opportunity to strengthen our ranks before it descended upon our heads. For the rest of Midas's report, I silently listen, nodding occasionally to show that I understood. Gaucho, not surprisingly, had been able to fill the duties of the two sergeants without issue. While he may be less than a sharp mind, at least he had a willing spirit and loyal heart.
The latter being increasingly harder to find.

My brows knit at the mention of Shadow being missing. Her face had been the first to greet me home, but the time it had taken me to locate my generals had been sufficient for her to go missing, long enough for the pair to notice. I frown, the ends of my lips tugging downward. "It must have been recent, brothers, for she was the first to greet me home," my voice seems distracted, as I think back to the encounter. "Best that we find her location quickly, for she had come home with a unicorn - Fawkes." Unicorns were usually bad signs for my life. They spelled war, specifically with the same damned herd that refused to die, but instead lived in a horrible wasteland of the north.

"Excellent, Hector," I say in response to the second General. I was glad that the Sinbird was unharmed, since I had yet to lay eyes on her familiar face. "If you seek Shadow, proceed with caution. Our rivals of the North had proven themselves murderers, so be wary of those who wear only horns on their brows."

Taking some time to let the statement sink in, I begin to speak again, with the heavy news delivered from Mirage. "Darkness resides in the home of our Northern allies, the Qian. Mirage was trouble by the passing of two of our kin - Solstice and Torasin, murdered by members of the Basin. The Dragonheart has placed a price on Mauja's head for the murder of her beloved Torasin," I say, looking toward them both with a serious expression. "If you see the Ice King, you are to capture and deliver him to me."

"The increasing threat of the Basin requires us to take action, which I will discuss with you in the light of the flame, where we are less apt to be overheard by unfriendly ears."
""

Messages In This Thread
RE: Empty nights bring starlite sights (Kri, Hector, Open) - by Kri - 08-08-2013, 10:04 PM