the Rift

[OPEN] Empty nights bring starlite sights (Kri, Hector, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

“The time may come sooner than we think,” she was very direct, almost factual as if saying ‘we might soon go to war’ was a detached part of life. In a way, it was common. Helovia never seemed to find peace for very long; too many bad apples tainted our golden ones. Some more spoiled than others. I frowned, not from displeasure at the idea of war—but simply out of concern for our well-being as a herd. Now, was the worst time for battle; so many of our members are weak and without power. Those that had magic…were often unable to perfectly control it. We would manage as always, none were of a weak constitution.

Kri didn’t dwell on the topic for longer than that one sentence though, much to my disappointment. She went on to give an answer to mine and Hectors response. Fawkes. Brows furrowed, I hadn’t met a Fawkes. Recent indeed, I didn’t know how long Kri had been home exactly; but I hadn’t seen Shadow around the Oasis for the past few days at the very least….it was so hard to tell in this confounding frozen world. Two days, three? A week? She hadn’t come home after patrols and with the herd shrinking…we simply couldn’t risk losing more family due to idle reaction time and uninvestigated hunches. My lips tightened their concerned line when Hector piped up that he would be interested in traveling to find our missing recruit. I thought back, to our conversation under the thicket trees—she had been so interested in magic and our culture. It was likely that her vanishing wasn’t a coincidence; if anyone had her—I bet upon the unicorns up North.

A pause and then she speaks again, this time sharing some news about her ventures visiting our sister clan. My gaze hardened as our beloved Sultana shared some rather shocking information. Mauja was wanted for murder. Lips remain tightly clamped until Kri finishes completely and informs us both that we would need to meet with her by the fire. “Aye Kri.” Quietly I added, “In the meantime, I could gather Intel from Fawkes; just to see if he has any connection to Shadow's disapearance?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Empty nights bring starlite sights (Kri, Hector, Open) - by Midas - 08-10-2013, 07:00 PM