the Rift

[OPEN] flight;
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

In another life, in another time—perhaps we might have become like brothers. Duty was duty though, and my vows sang their bitter sweet melody like the chimes of mother birds returning home only to find their nests vainly torn to ruin. They cried doubly for that loss. Family. Guacho straightened after I had spoken, his gaze grew hard but yielding toward my words; no voice of doubt or underlying questions. I was thankful for this. “Yes,” he said in agreement before drawing that large crown lower, with all threatening points shifting toward Mauja’s breast. His Mamba was coiled inside the framework that my native friends token, her forked tongue slithering past fangs. Both ready for my word. These actions rang in my ears just as effectively as Fina’s screech had; they would die today if I asked—all for the sake of loyalty.

Softly I whispered something that the icy one had told me not more than a season ago, “Sometimes duty forces you to run against what you wish….herding me down a path I wouldn’t otherwise walk.” Who would have thought, that his words of wisdom would return to haunt us both in such a cruel manner? If the sides had somehow been reversed and I was his General; my response would have been the same to all who threated our families. Loyalty, it was my father’s greatest virtue—what terrible consequences would befall me if I choose to break the historical line? Just the idea of such treachery set my heart to thunder within its hot cavities, I couldn’t betray the clan any more than chop off my own wing.

His smile wounded me, it was tautly drawn up; like the face of a man grasping upon his last string. “So I am wanted for his death…” he says…regretfully? Or perhaps my ears were just making it up. Somewhere inside my soul the faint hope that had been praying he would deny the charge died a little more. It was foolish to grasp an ideal that was impossible. Something. Anything. I might have been able to defend his honor if there had been no guilt, my name held value within this land. “I do not believe I would be given a fair trial within in the Edge.” I stiffened but did not interject—he wasn’t going to come quietly. Those sad eyes found mine and we both knew in that moment where this was going to lead. There was only two options, one path he couldn’t ask me to walk.

Kri whispered,“The Dragonheart has placed a price on Mauja’s head for the murder of her beloved Torasin. If you see the Ice King, you are to capture and deliver him to me.”

To let him walk would be a direct defiance against her orders.

“I’m sorry, friend. I cannot go with you.”

I didn’t know how lenient the Dragonheart was, he might have been correct in stating that they wouldn’t offer him a fair trial. That white feathered forelimb rises and my heart speeds on. Quietly I say, “The sorrow is mine, for we are at a cross roads…I had hoped…” Voice breaks off and my heart takes one final moment to gather itself, grief that would be handled on a later date. My wings explode from my barrel and thrust heavily down to send this body into heaven. Fina soars up from my spine in the same instant, her talons turning toward the distant owl that had been watching us. Beak is wide and thirsting for blood spoiled with the ghost of another.

My mouth opens to bellow out a warning for those that might be residing close by; the shattering sound is my cry tainted with pent up pain. It rockets up to heaven with enough force to resound for miles away. Magic pools within my spirit, I had been practicing my powers since the moon returned. An attempt to master what had been mastered once before. Though not perfect, it would have to serve me now in the state which it was in. The earth shifts and moves at my command, a mighty earthquake breaks open the soft sand around my Appaloosa friend, and likely beneath his feet. It was plenty strong enough to throw even a steady mate off-balance at the very least, and topple someone who wasn’t so surefooted.

OOC: I will be posting this to the battleground in just a moment. I'm assuming that we will go by the posting order already set ^^? http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=9176

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
flight; - by Mauja - 07-30-2013, 04:04 AM
RE: flight; - by Gaucho - 07-30-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: flight; - by Mauja - 08-01-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: flight; - by Gaucho - 08-01-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: flight; - by Mauja - 08-04-2013, 05:42 AM
RE: flight; - by Gaucho - 08-06-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: flight; - by Mauja - 08-06-2013, 12:09 PM