the Rift

[OPEN] All exits look the same.

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
quote </style>

I am no queen...and you are no peasant

The words rang in Phaedra's ears, as is prophetic and profound. When had Ktulu ever spoken to the winged-one so? Usually she simply barked orders and dosed out condescending looks - or at least, that is how it always seemed to Phae. Perhaps with the loss of her sister, Ktulu started to see the band more as a family, rather than a business?

Or perhaps she always had, Phaedra was simply starting to notice.

Turning her gaze to where the cub, and filly were playing, Phaedra couldn't help but wince as she nodded in agreement. Her twins seemed to have grown up so fast, both in such a hurry to get places with their lives. Raeden, with her persistent demands to outgrow the Foothills and become so much more, and Hotaru, her precious shining star, ever becoming both wiser and stronger as the seasons passed. When was the last time she had seen them play? They no longer required the watchful eye of Stella to oversee them, and as such, news of their adventures didn't filter back to their mother the way it used to.

"Things were certainly simpler back then...yes."

Sea-green gaze falling upon Ktulu again, and the delicate fireflies escaping from her mane in delightful pattern, the sooty spy shrugged as her wings folded tightly against her flanks. Was this a test? To see how hard she was working? Nibbling her lip thoughtfully, she nodded. "Perhaps a little of both. I was planning to set out this afternoon, to hear what I could around our borders. Rafe had mentioned that payment had not yet been made for our contract. Perhaps he and I would make the trip North to gently remind them of their obligations."

@[Ktulu]

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
All exits look the same. - by Phaedra - 07-30-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: All exits look the same. - by Phaedra - 07-30-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: All exits look the same. - by Ktulu - 07-30-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: All exits look the same. - by Phaedra - 08-02-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: All exits look the same. - by Ktulu - 08-15-2013, 11:06 PM