the Rift

[OPEN] I've heard this already

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Her eyes. They were the same... The very same. Those were the eyes that haunted his dreams, that plagued his nightmares and sent guilt boiling into his body like a painful torrent of acid. He had left her behind... She had wanted him to, yes, for his own safety from the ravaged remains of their old home, but he had still left her. Their plans to meet up again had fell through, and Gods... How long had it been since he had stared at the face of his beloved sister?

Too damn long.

Her words were uttered nearly just as uncertainly as his had been, but it was her voice that shook him from his guilt-filled, shocked reverie. He could see the mixed emotion shining within her tear-stained gaze, those honeyed orbs that shone so much like his... A force bubbled within his chest, causing him to move forward, one hoof making the first move.

"Apollo... Apollo..." His name poured from Andreas' lips like a prayer, but they were music to his ears. Finally. Finally! He could hear her voice again, and no longer would it be restricted to his memories. As she moved forward, Apollo did the same, nostrils flaring as he took in his sister's familiar scent. It warmed him, dancing around him and making him feel safe, almost like a mother's hug to her child.

"It's me... Andreas." That was all it took. Just like that, Apollo had come undone. A gasping, wheezing, rather pathetic noise escaped his lips and Apollo stepped forward, welcoming the embrace that his sister drew him into.

"Andreas... Andreas, my dear, dear sister..." His words were choked with emotion, the sting of tears threatening his eyes, but the overo was past the point of caring. This was all that mattered; the two wayward siblings had finally returned to one another. "I missed you too. I was so scared that I would never see you again!" His words were spoken with a heart-broken sense of urgency, as if he had to get them out then and there, that if he didn't speak fast enough, Andreas might just disappear from him forever. Like in his nightmares.

He could feel the touch of Andreas' head against his chest, and gingerly Apollo brushed his cheek against the dark mare's neck, where her neck met her shoulder, repeatedly. Her soft coat brushed against his cheek, and he swallowed, allowing the tears to fall. "I missed you... I missed you so much. I'm so sorry." For leaving you behind, for abandoning you, for not waiting... "Please forgive me. I love you, too."

Playing with colors on the table. All the feels! <3

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
I've heard this already - by Andreas - 07-31-2013, 11:00 PM
RE: I've heard this already - by Apollo - 08-01-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: I've heard this already - by Andreas - 08-05-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: I've heard this already - by Apollo - 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM