the Rift

catch all the foxes

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Res had needed to get away from the masses of people. Everyone speaking and shifting through the mists was beginning to take a toll on her poor brain. She had wanted to travel back up to the threshold, or perhaps the heavenly fields again, but she hadn't wanted to do it alone. Only the moon was out, and with a not-so-good amount of hearing she didn't dare to travel out through the dark alone. She wasn't about to die - that was not on the agenda. So, when she had caught sight of Kaj starting for the threshold she asked if she could tag along.

The trek had done well to clear her head, and she stayed a good horse length behind him as she allowed her brain to wander. He had kept his wings close to his sides, though she wasn't sure if it was all because of her fear of his wings or if he was simply attempting to keep them from getting scratched up. When they finally stumbled across another equine there was already a young unicorn was attempting to recruit. Her mind instantly went to worried and sickened upon hearing the name of the Assassins falling from her lips. Res's audit pinned to her cranium, completely disturbed by this image, before the sound of more hoof-falls caused her to snap her head up. While she didn't recognize the voice before her the image of the painted unicorn did enough to jolt her memories back to the invasion. And, then, with the name of her old home tossed in the air she felt a sick feeling in her gut. He... he had been one of the ones who had invaded and tossed her from her home without any reason. She wanted to scream at him. His home!? The home he had torn from her hooves! A family her ass. She didn't care. She wanted to scream at him. She wanted to call him a hypocrite. But, she couldn't get up the nerve to say one word to the horse she was certain could best her physically even if she had only wanted to scream at him.

And then, Kaj was saying that they were good, strong people. Her eyes dropped instantly as she stayed back from the entire conversation until she realized that Kaj was beginning to worry about where she was. Gently, she shuffled her way forward, standing so that Kaj was most certainly between her and the stag who brought back the nightmares. Tears were beginning to form in her eyes from the panic attack that she was attempting to keep from happening. She shook her head swiftly to knock them free before clearing her throat. "It would be best that you return to you mother, Sikeax. It is not safe out here with no sun or gods to aid you. One who is so young should not worry about gaining herd members. I can offer to help take you home, if you'd wish?" Resplendence offered to the foal before turning back to the conversation about the herd-lands. "I cannot vouche that the Foothills are good people - only that they are strong, as they invaded that land and kicked me and those who I was beginning to call family out a while back. I am also a member of the Edge, my name is Resplendence, and I can say that the Edge has been one of the only places I have felt safe in a long, long time. Everyone cares for the others, no matter what the problem is, and we only do stuff for each other's benefit - no matter how difficult." Res offered, shuffling her feet a little as she glanced wearily toward the horned stag. Surely Kaj wouldn't allow anything to happen again.

But she couldn't shake the nightmares that were flashing through her skull...

648 words
Nothing against the Foothills at all. xD She'd asked that multiple herds came in so I threw Res at 'em - unfortunately, anything foothills related with her torn mind isn't always the best. ._.
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
catch all the foxes - by Lysang - 08-01-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Sikeax - 08-01-2013, 05:46 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Apollo - 08-01-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Kaj - 08-01-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Resplendence - 08-01-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Adalaide - 08-01-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: catch all the foxes - by Lysang - 08-02-2013, 06:32 AM