Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
and who shall I say

is calling?

@[Zar'roc]

"What in the dark abyss is it that you want from me?"

The question seemed to spread from nowhere into the dark air, like a whisper from the great beyond. Little more than a whisper, it still managed to convey both uncertainty and a stubborn defiance that was followed by the shuffling of gravel beneath hooves as the little shadow stopped dead in her tracks. She gave her captor a poisonous glare that warned him against coming too close and shifted the wings that lay pressed against the sides, minimized yet still kept ready in case the stallion tried anything funny. It was tempting to simply take to the sky and fly back home straight away, but there was something about the dappled colt that made her senses prickle and itch, like it was better to keep a low profile.

Her father would have laughed, had he heard the thoughts of the little raven. 'I've told you over and over, Skuggi. Don't judge until you have all the facts straight. It's the only way to go.' Her mother would have smiled and nodded in agreement with the black stallion, like she always did, but in the depth of night she would have brushed her soft, pale muzzle across the back of Shadow and murmured her own thoughts. 'It's well and good to believe in facts, but don't forget to trust your instincts as well, litla hrafninn minn. It is the voice of your heart, and as long as you follow it you will always be safe. Always, lítil skuggi.

How she missed them now. The loss, the stabbing pain and emptiness within her heart had dulled since she came to Dragon's Throat. New faces, new friends and the warmth of the camaraderie she had been swept into had soothed the ache the death of her mother had caused, the one that had only been made worse as she parted ways with her father. They were always in her thoughts, but little by little they had been joined by other faces. By Kri, by Fawkes and Midas, and by Hector, the gentle giant who always smiled so softly whenever they met. She missed them already, even though it had only been a short while since the horned menace had appeared and shooed her away from the now so familiar herdland - and for what?

A tail as dark as the midnight sky snapped impatiently against ebony hocks. She had allowed herself to be herded thus far without complaint, because as much as she was appalled by the rude behavior of a complete stranger she had also been a bit curious as to what he wanted. But now... No more. She had no intention of going any further north, because somewhere in the back of her mind she was hoping that maybe, just maybe the unfamiliar scent of an outcast along with her own would alert someone to what had happened. Nostrils widened as the wishful image of Hector coming to take her back made her heart skip a beat, but nothing on her face betrayed the hope that burned brightly in her chest.

"Well?" she demanded, sounding impatient. "Unless you have something to say I'm going to fly back home. I don't have time for this nonsense."

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
In the Shadows [Prisoner Thread] - by Shadow - 08-02-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: In the Shadows [Prisoner Thread] - by Harmony - 08-04-2013, 01:37 AM
RE: In the Shadows [Prisoner Thread] - by Zar'roc - 08-05-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: In the Shadows [Prisoner Thread] - by Shadow - 08-07-2013, 11:55 AM
RE: In the Shadows [Prisoner Thread] - by Harmony - 08-12-2013, 10:56 PM