the Rift

[OPEN] On top of the W O R L D

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

It's a blind faith. A cruel waste. One bitter taste.

Today d’Artagnan had agreed to take Roux out of the Basin and onto the white wastes of the Frostbreath Steppe. A small smile was upon his lips as he watched the boy gaze around at his surroundings, his sight even better than the menders own in the darkness, his coat the same blood red and yet, his growing weapon upon his head was just like Kou’s to which d’Artagnan was glad. For every time he looked at his son he was reminded of her, he wished the boy to inherit her strength and wisdom. Her cunning and her will. Aramis yapped as Roux called out to him and quickly the pair were chasing each other in the snow, a picture of youthful innocence that would live with him forever as the hell hound playfully dodged the chunks of snow flying out from under the foals hooves. Watching them d’Artagnan began to feel old and wistfully thought back to his own time as a foal, his own childhood had been a hard one, but there were times when he looked as carefree as Roux did now. Racing and jumping without a single thought of worry.

Boyish tones broke the crisp air and the Nightshade chuckled, his smile turning crooked as he tilted his head to one side in amusement. "You’ll need some longer legs to beat me, maybe one day I’ll race you to the Frozen Arch and we’ll see who is the best." He said quite fondly, knowing the child probably wouldn’t forget and one day when he was seizing up from old age he would regret those words said with rare affection. He watched as he bounded off again, enjoying the freedom the huge Steppe gave him with the same half smile. Sacre always seemed the more bolder of the two, always disappearing when he wasn’t supposed to and returning his looks of strange wonder on his face. Roux, however, seemed more inclined to remain with his parents, perhaps his sight made him less confident to venture out, but watching him now he looked just as adventurous as Sacre. Maybe they were more alike than they first appeared.

Mismatched pools turned upwards to the sky at Roux’s question, his expression darkening as he pondered what to say. Gods. Creatures not to get involved with? Destroyers of life. Tricksters. Sun and Moon were most definitely that in d’Artagnan’s eyes, though he could not fault the Earth or Time, which left him in a predicament. Insulting a God was no light thing, he knew that from the time the Edge was almost burnt to the ground, and yet he did not deem them trustworthy. His words would have to be careful. "Ah, many things Roux, not even I know everything that is up there. Some say the Gods live there, but Gods can live wherever they chose, you might even meet one sometime." His frown evolved into a vague smile that matched his also vague answer, deciding that in this situation less was probably better. Though he was already preparing himself for the slew of questions that might follow.

[Hey wild hunnie! I'll mention you in my next post, if you'd like to c&p that one you have under d'Artagnan ^^ Sorry for the hassle <3]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
On top of the W O R L D - by Roux - 08-03-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: On top of the W O R L D - by d'Artagnan - 08-03-2013, 05:40 PM
RE: On top of the W O R L D - by Harmony - 08-07-2013, 01:43 AM
RE: On top of the W O R L D - by Aviya - 08-13-2013, 01:12 PM