the Rift

[OPEN] 3... 2... 1... lift off,

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
Trotting along, my other beside me, we walked from the dank Marsh, escaping the tight area. Instead, I traveled across Helovia to find the tall, rolling green hills, perfect for practicing flight. Weaving through trees, I wandered along. I wished Sia was with me, seeing as how we both loved adventure. Maybe I could find her later? But where did she live? She mentioned something about being a Doctor for the Assassins... but where did they live? They could live anywhere in Helovia, which pained me. I wasn't going to go through lots of trouble just to find my friend.

Walking towards the Fields, I noticed the lovely blue flowers that illuminated the Field. They were a brilliant blue color, reminding me of Sia's glowing blue horn and her pretty blue eyes. Frowning, I shook my head. I wasn't lonely, I had Sameira and everyone in the Asylum. I was still alone, still somehow missing something. Maybe it was my family? My true family. The one I was born into. I knew mommy was still with me, still floating around in my head somewhere. But daddy was gone, somewhere far away. I missed him, missed him so. I had forced myself to get used to the grass when I had left the Pirates, forced myself to get used to it.

But the one thing I still hadn't mastered, was flying. It was in my blood, I had the wings to prove it. But they were useless, since I couldn't practice flying in the Marsh because there was no open space. But here in the Fields, I could practice my flight without worrying about crashing into a tree. I climbed up the Field, reaching the top. There was a small lump where I could leap off and fly. Reaching the top of the small hill, I heard mommy's voice guiding me. Take your wings little one, stretch them out, stretch them as far as you can. Tilt them up, tilt them down, now reach them towards the ground. Reach them for the sky, for me. I followed mommy's instructions, unfolding my wings. My dolly fell out, but Sameira swooping in and caught her in her jaws. I didn't mind, since I had grown apart from dolly, I just carried her around for no reason. While Sameira rolled around with dolly, I stretched my wings, practicing flapping and turning. Good my little lassie, you're doing good. Now let's see you try to fly. Just get a good head start, and jump. Try to curve back around, flap your wings if you must. I did as I was told, backing up before running forward, spreading out my wings. I leaped into the air, mommy's voice telling me what position to get into. Tuck in your legs, keep your forelegs up towards your chest a little. Don't let your hind legs drag behind you or you'll be slowed down. Bend your neck forward a little, not too much. Point your nose... good! It took me only a few moments to assume position, my tail streaming behind me as I flew. I felt my hear leap with excitement as I soared. I flapped my wings, trying to maintain speed as I let myself glide. I tilted my left wing to the right, the right wing tilting up. I leaned to the side, stumbling a little. Mommy's voice chimed in. Oops! Keep those wings straight after you turn or you'll be flying in circles! And keep that hind leg tucked! Oh! And no looking down! Haha, no looking down! Like I would do that... Maybe if I take just a peek below me... no! I made sure not to look down, instead I looked straight ahead, looking further into the night.

I spotted Sameira, who was barking and howling at me. I smiled, about to call to Sameira, until I realized how close to the ground I was. I flailed, shooting my forelegs out too late, my legs folding beneath me as I tumbled and rolled in the tall grass, a few sharp blades of grass biting at my skin. My amber eyes caught everything, the dark landscape flashing before my eyes as I rolled through the grass. Feathers were flung, tears shed. I lay there in the grass for a moment, pain. Pain everywhere. I had managed to fold my wings, but a few feathers had escaped. I blinked, looking up at the sky. Suddenly everything went dark.

No, I wasn't knocked out. Sameira was just looming over me, stepping on my face. She looked at me with her blue eyes, whimpering a little. I nudged her off of my face, her paws scratching me. I rolled onto my belly, raising my stomach off the grass. Sameira bounded around me, barking at me, probably asking if I was okay. Smiling at her, I nodded. "I'm fine, just a little beaten up. I guess I have to work on my landings..." I looked at Sameira and smiled, bumping my nose against her forehead.

[[Amara learning to fly :D mommy's teaching her <33 trying to keep pegs only unless an asylum member wants to butt in <33]]

Messages In This Thread
3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Amara - 08-03-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Murdock - 08-04-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Harmony - 08-04-2013, 02:09 AM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Amara - 08-14-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Murdock - 08-25-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Amara - 09-05-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: 3... 2... 1... lift off, - by Murdock - 09-17-2013, 10:08 PM