the Rift

Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

He turned back to look at me, this broken one. His eyes where wide, brimming with emotion—he turns to regard me fully. Slowly and painfully are those steps, I can see the points where flesh meets bone. It was hard not to cringe a little and keep my own attachments from ruffling uncomfortably. Just looking at his outward expression of agony was enough to make my heart twist into painful spasms of compassion; thus was a failing attribute for one who held much regard for those in need.

“I am…no” A counter then he willingly spilled the issues that wounded his heart, “My mother is dead.” One ear flicked back, I could hear another approaching, though I didn’t want to take my eyes from this stranger. Caution warned that if said company was as wounded as he appeared, the threat could still be present. Then he said, “My wings are broken because I tried to join her in death.” Suicide. “I’m already an outcast, and I need to know I’m safe. I have no one, and I’m not loved by anyone. Please…I need help.”

“hmmm.....” I started, but was cut off.

Those sounds of rustling brush and timber finally revealed itself. A mare emerged. “Hello boys,” she said. Not unkindly, but something about the tone caused my frown to deepen. Those long legs wobbled said lady over to where we stood. “You are loved, sweetheart,” she cooed warmly. Ebony muzzle shifted to regard her, “Are you well, Ma ’Lady? You appear…unsteady?”

Glancing back at said fellow who was likely on the verge of completing another attempt at suicide, I said, “Come, and walk a little with me. We can talk. I’m Midas by the way,” a half smile is all I could muster, if his pain was so great that walking became a burden perhaps I could lend a hoof.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open) - by ahi - 08-05-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open) - by ahi - 08-13-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open) - by Midas - 08-15-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open) - by ahi - 08-16-2013, 01:32 AM