the Rift

[OPEN] a time for healing.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

As the monster toppled like a rockslide, I watched with amazed, bi-colored eyes.

Many of my allies left the battlefield behind, some of us wondering what that monster had been. Others, probably sure we did not want to find out. I, however, had noticed in my flight above the horrible damage done to the earth below. The small grasses which had fought their way through the snows had been trashed by the foul acid within the creature's bloodstream.

It is on heavy wings that I lower myself the foot of the mountains leading to the Heaven Fields. On the first day of Birdsong, the mountains mourned the destruction of the earth instead of welcoming it with a beautiful song. Even in the dead of night, I knew. I could feel the trees, the shrubs, the struggling flowers weeping. More importantly, I felt the strong beat of a heart capable of answering the tears and the prayers which were searching for my father. He may be unable to heal their scars at the moment, but I certainly could.

Landing upon solid, earthy hooves of bronze, I walk toward the mass of the former mountain. Its eyes prodded out, its trees torn asunder, the monster looked nothing more than an unholy pile of rocks and sludge. The earth at it the bottom of its hideous display torn, battered, burned.

As I stepped closer, however, life began to pour into the area like a fresh breath of air. The poison was eked out of the grass and the soil by the hardworking earth, turned by some divine magic into needed water and nutrients for the earth. The burns caused by the exploding plasma sun begin to disappear, the scarring like a forgotten memory as mosses surround the trees and rocks at the base of this mountain. The boulders of the once great monster had gashed open pits which begin to show the buddings of future flowers.

Spring had arrived, and I, Hototo, had brought it in my wake.
I would make mother proud.
I would not let my father down.

With a silent nod, I take a moment to appreciate the work of this gift I had been given, noting with a placcid smile how the air felt strangely warmer. The first day of Birdsong was here.
The night would end soon.

[ Set immediately preceding the RE monster attack. Open for anyone. <3 ]

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
a time for healing. - by Hototo - 08-05-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: a time for healing. - by Rasta - 08-06-2013, 12:14 AM
RE: a time for healing. - by Soren - 08-06-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: a time for healing. - by Hototo - 09-02-2013, 04:16 PM