the Rift

[OPEN] a time for healing.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

Soft hoofbeats stir behind me, and I turn my head cautiously to view the figure of a mare, pale in appearance. Her tendrils of silver are long and flowing, coat an almost serene white even in this darkness. Even her eyes were so light, so clean. It was then I realized as she spoke she was not locking on to my gaze. Blind? I think, though I had never encountered the malady before. Mother would certainly know if she were here. I smile at her, the kind words, the thankful tones with which she spoke.

I know, however, that I am not the heart of the earth, but my father is. My father is the earth, the grass and the waters which feed all life here. He is the heartbeat of this world. He is life. I am simply his progeny, trying to fill in the massive void left in his absence. I know that, if father had been here, he likely would have healed the damaged earth much like I had. He would have saved this beautiful terrain from the rot that comes without sunlight in the presence of acid. He would have saved the world. I can only try.

"You have me confused with someone else, ma'am," I say modestly, trying to shrug off the inherent compliment of her words. "I am just fulfilling my duty."

A second body, much more springy and young, rushes into the scene with all the grace a yearling can hold. His dark face reminds me of mother, though I am uncertain why, and I find myself smiling like a goof at him as well. His words make a more solemn expression return to my young eyes, and I nod. "My gift," I say, vocals deep and baritone, even in my young age. "I have always been good with plants." I almost laugh, but refrain, keeping the joy of my little joke to myself until someone else would giggle. I doubt they would; I am not really known for my humor.

"My name is Hototo," the spry voice is open, willing to give my title easily. Even after meeting with shadow skeleton in the deep forest, I have not learned the meaning or value of keeping your name a mystery. "And you, ma'am and little mister?"

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
a time for healing. - by Hototo - 08-05-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: a time for healing. - by Rasta - 08-06-2013, 12:14 AM
RE: a time for healing. - by Soren - 08-06-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: a time for healing. - by Hototo - 09-02-2013, 04:16 PM