the Rift

[OPEN] [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

irrydae.</style>

Awoken in the midst sleep, Irrydae opens her golden, sleepy eyes. She scans the landscape instinctively, but not finding anything in the sea of silver. A sigh ruffles lightly from her maw. Will we ever see the light of day again? Her hope was gone. It had left her in the eternal darkness, returned when her stars had shone in the sky again, but now... what was there to hope for? She was the Storyteller- she should be instilling hope in others, not looking for her own. I am not fit to be the Storyteller. She had her doubts, feeling as if she was not mature or wise enough to fulfill her job, but she would never stop trying her hardest. Dedication is key.

Look at me, giving myself a mental pep talk.

Irrydae yawned, swiveling her head over to stare at her pool, mouth turning down into a slight frown, sadness filling her soft golden eyes. "Where are you?" She whispers softly, the gentle breeze caressing her vocals and carrying it away. The rich hues of the gems dulled by the pale moonlight, yet they still sparkle as if telling her that she can't give up either. The patrol briefly filters into her mind, only to be shoved away vigorously. She stands up nimbly, letting her wings fall at her sides and brush the cool rock of her cave. Hooves click against the ground, echoing loudly in the otherwise silent night.

Irrydae steps out into the cool, crisp air, with her senses on high alert as usual in these times. Unsure of what to do, she decides to stay home and patrol the borders. Raising her wings, she glides into the air, melding easily in with the sky of stars. Irry keeps herself keen, eyes locked on the ground as she circles the borders. Hours pass before a distant call snaps her from her concentration. 'Residents of the Foothills, come forth! There is much for us to discuss in this time of darkness and stagnation.' Ktulu. Irry then notices the slight soreness in her wings- she had not flown for quite some time and had spent quite awhile in the air.

Silently she turns, wings ruffling slightly in their strong, steady beats. Orbs lock on a dark figure and she descends from her hiding place amongst the stars and braces herself for landing. Hooves press into the soft earth and she approaches to group quietly, audits pricked forward as she listens to the Cheiftess.

'... I would like everyone to welcome Apollo as our new Chief.' Golden eyes find the unicorn stag in the darkness, and everyone says their congratulations. Irry smiles softly to the stallion, "A well deserved position, Apollo the Noble." She murmurs softly before dipping her head. Many say their part, and the Storyteller remains silent, thoughts drifting to her vacant pool. Words of a threat catch her attention, though. 'I was recently in the Threshold myself, and I obtained knowledge of a new band that has formed in the outlands. They call themelves the "Asylum". I don't know if they're a threat to us in any way, but it may serve us well to keep an eye on them. If anyone else has heard of this group, or know of anything else that we should be aware of, please... Speak up.' Irry's eyes glance over each herd member, pausing on each as he or she talks. Phaedera gushes after him quickly, confirming the new band.

And then... what was this?

Irrydae's ears flick back to a hushed voice, body turning to look at Hotaru. Sadness fills the heart of the Storyteller, realizing that she is saying her goodbyes. Her face remains a calm mask, eyes molten gold as she addresses her mother and sister. The Storyteller does not scold the filly, only feeling pity for her. She walks over slowly, pressing her maw against Hotaru's forehead. "Be safe, young one. We will await your return." Whispered words lost as she pulls away and Ru makes her way toward the forest. Eyes lock on the tiger horse and a small smile fills her lips. "Tingal. She pauses, remembering their encounter in the Fields. "Take care of her." She finishes with a small wave of her head, indicating to the small pink and gold form.

With a heavy heart, Irrydae turns away and hides the sadness to see one leave. Irrydae silently goes to stand next to the new white unicorn, addressing her quietly after she speaks. "Welcome, mare of the wilds. I am glad you have chose a home with us." Another smile, for her this time. Could she instill hope in her herdmates, as she should be? "My name is Irrydae, I am the Storyteller. If you ever need anything, you can come to me Artemis." Words quiet and soft, masked easily by the other voices.

Letting everyone say what they need to, Irrydae finally speaks. "We must not lose our hope and faith in these times. We must stay strong and continue fighting, and I know everyone of you is capable. Dark times affect us all, they break down even the strongest of us. But we must continue to fight. We have lost many recently, but we will recover. We must regain our numbers by those new entering from the threshold, as our Chieftess Ktulu has said." Turning her head away from the whole herd she looks at Archibald to speak to him. "I am still running patrols myself, and I can take any extra shifts necessary." Irrydae then closes her mouth, hoping that her tiny speech might help someone in the least. She glances toward her stars, wanting again to meld into them and let the wind rush past her ears and drown her thoughts.

talk talk talk"
[ ooc ; okay if anyone has a problem with what irry did to your character, let me know and i'll change it. also i know apollo doesn't have his LT chosen yet, but just let irry do her thang mkay? ]
 spin around me like a dream...
c@rlijones @ flickr.com
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory] - by Hana - 08-19-2013, 06:37 AM