the Rift

[OPEN] [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory]

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

But he's so beautiful
Such a beautiful disaster

The Constrictors summons reached the ears of the elder blue and that of his bonded, his gaze was downcast and he sighed with sadness. His run as Chief had been fun and for a time the Able truly believed he could live within the confides of a herd, doing little things to help and here he was closer to his family. The grass was good, though Evers rarely remembered to eat it, and the company was appreciated. A mare of dark alluring qualities sprung to mind and he smiled forlornly, if only he hadn’t lost his heart that day in heavens gentle embrace. Ah, but it wasn’t just that, he was a scholar and a seeker of knowledge. This idle standing around was not for him and he wasn’t brawn enough to stand by the side of Archibald, though he could fight well enough, the art wasn’t for him. In the Foothills he had sought a path to diplomacy, something Ktulu offered now as Apollo stepped up to the mark, another lead etched into the rolling lands history. However, as he looked upon the youthful form of Rita he began to understand that no matter how much he tried to stand side by side with Archibald and the others, this life was not his path. Not his way. Maybe this was what the Forsaken had felt when she proclaimed herself outcast, perhaps this hollow shape of life was all that was left for those who dared to speak up and take authority.

Evers needed to find his old ways, his old life, in order to begin living once again.

Many spoke, one child in particular seemed upset and his eyes turned sorrowful as she spoke goodbyes, it seemed another was not content with her life. So much strife appeared to be in the air these days. It was then he heard her voice, the vocals like music on his ears that sank deep and clutched his heart in the sharp twist of love. An emotion foreign to the blue, but one he had accepted and one he must try to control. However, he moved towards Archibald first, appearing like a pea next to a mountain, Rita relaxing on her haunches eyeing Loretta curiously. "Brother" came his quiet voice, the words aimed solely at his larger sibling. "You seem well, life suits you here." Evers was glad that he and Loretta appeared to be coping, considering the state he last saw him in, the blue had been worried about him. Though nothing ever seemed to deter Archibald, going through such an ordeal must have been hard and it was something that Evers couldn’t comprehend, even though there was an echo of similar emotion. Like a long lost memory, but he dismissed it and returned to the matter at hand. Sighing sadly, "this is not for me though. Perhaps at one point I believed I could do it, limit myself and live in the confides of herd life. Alas! My thirst for knowledge and need to travel is getting the better of me and I fear I’ve done something foolish recently." He cast a fleeting glance towards Irrydae before returning to his brother, smiling crookedly.

"Even if blood doesn’t tie us, you are and always will be my brother, my allegiance will always be to you. I’ll just be a little further away" he chuckled before turning slightly, looking thoughtfully down at Rita. "Send Loretta if you need me, Rita should be able to find her. Be well, fight hard and don’t die." A large smile broke out across his features and he nodded once to the brute, he could never imagine Archibald dying, but then again he never imagined Mandrake dying. The profession he had chosen was dangerous and part of him would always worry. With that he turned away and nervously approached Irrydae, the beaming happiness on his face before turning into a half smile of affection. "So long Irrydae, I’ll be in the Wilds somewhere, trying not to stir up too much trouble." He smiled at his own poor attempt at humour before pausing, his voice becoming slightly distant and hesitant, but he managed to get the last words out. "I’m sorry if I ever made you feel uncomfortable, I hope you’ll come find me sometime, or perhaps I’ll visit. I would not like this to be the last time we meet." In Evers’ perfect world he would spend everyday with her, but this reality was far from perfect and her beauty surpassed even that of the night sky. If he stayed he would only fall further and be more likely to do something stupid. All she would have to do was say the words and without a single pause he would do anything for her.

With that he took a few steps back, nodding once to Ktulu and Apollo, the two who now lead. There was no need to make a fuss, he was nobody important after all, his passing would not be marked in history. He was the distant memory of an old Chief who failed to make his mark, a horse like that would not or even needed to be remembered. Or so Evers was now in full belief of.

[Exeunt Evers. He still aligns himself with Archibald (& Irrydae ;D), if the Foothills ever needs him for whatever reason, throw me a PM/skype + I will still reply/finish his patrol thread with Irry.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory] - by Evers - 08-16-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory] - by Hana - 08-19-2013, 06:37 AM