Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official

H E S P E R A | A M P E R E
- - - - -
By my verdict AMPERE is the winner.
Ampere receives 1 VP.

Hespera -- post 1 (attack only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Attack: horn slap? to Ampere's neck.
+ 1| Attack: bite towards Ampere's left ear
+ 1| Attack:Otieru trying to distract Ampere.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Flow.
+ 1| Easy read.

AMPERE -- post 1

[Realism]
+ 1| Injury: Horn to her left flank
+ 1| Defense: Taking to the air, which evades the bite
+ 1| Attack: Kicking out as she tries to get airborne
+ 1| Defense: Flies past Otieru's distraction.
+ 1| Attack: Trying to fly into the back of Hespera's head.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion: His anger tears at Ampere's heart and she does her best to barrel past him, unable to launch any offensive at the misguided creature. Even now he struggles to fight against whom would be his savior, so wrapped up in the unfortunate bond he shares with Hespera he cannot untangle his own emotions from her's. They share the rage of the moment and as a pair respond with all their available equipment. Q______Q
+ 1| Flow.
+ 1| Easy read: coiled muscles of her well-shaped ass...lol dat ass.

Hespera -- post 2

[Realism]
+ 1| Injury: kick to the right shoulder
0| Defense: Lowering her head to avoid Ampere. If a 1300lb pegasus is flying at the back of your head, I doubt you're only defense is just going to be to lower it.
- 1| Borderline PP: More unluckily, the tip of a hoof catches on her forked horn, thrusting her head downwards unwillingly - You cannot dictate that Ampere's hoof hit here, because this would likely cause additional damage to Ampere. Further, given her speed, I actually think she'd likely take a chunk of horn off.
+ 1| Attack: Tries to horn-attack as Ampere flies overhead.
- 2| PP: he comes in perpendicular to her left side : You cannot dictate where your opponent is.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Flow.
+ 1| Easy read.

AMPERE -- post 2

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: Continues flying, and so misses the horn attack.
+ 1| Injury: Companion attack.
+ 1| Attack: Wing attack to Hespera's head
+ 1| Attack: Bite towards Hespera's crest
+ 1| Attack: Tries to run Hespera over? lol

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion. ALL THE EMOTION.
+ 1| Flow.
+ 1| Easy read.

HESPERA -- post 3

[Realism]
- 2| PP:...a hind hoof clips her just before the ear, narrowly missing her eye - Blu never wrote this as an attack, therefore it is PP to add it in.
+ 1| Defense: Is flailing, misses the wing attack.
- 1| Injury: no mention of Ampere's bite.
- 1| Defense: Gets hit on the left side by Ampere, but it's this line that lost yo the points: Hooves run across her left side, from shoulder to hip, muddy prints leaving deep bruises. #1 if Ampere runs across her left side, you're in a world of trouble. There is no mention of pain, but likely there would be fractured or broken bones, or internal bleeding.
+ 1| Attack: Charges at Ampere.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Flow.
+ 1| Easy read.

AMPERE -- post 3

[Realism]
+ 1| Counter-Attack: Turns around to buck at Hespera. Gets shoved forward in the process.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Flow.
+ 1| Easy read.

HESPERA -- post 4 (defense only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Injury: Gets kicked by Ampere.

AMPERE

[Bonus]
+ 2| Breed.
+ 2| Terrain.

[Injuries]
+2| ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the points for how realistically you played Ampere, both her previous injuries, and those she sustained during the fight.

[Creativity]
Nothing of note.

Comments: Blu, I have to say, I think this is one of the best spars I've ever read, in terms of the character. You wrote Ampere so flawlessly here, I can't even begin to describe it. Your imagery was so vivid, that I could literally picture every grimace on Ampere's face. Her activism was so apparent here, and the depth of her resolve to fight for Companions and not against them, was literally incredible. This was wonderful on your part - I'm sorry I didn't have the pleasant opportunity to read this sooner!

Hespera

[Bonus]
+ 1| Breed.
+ 1| Terrain.

[Injuries]
-1| I think you need to take into account the injuries that Hespera sustained, and how they would affect her. The two that stand out to me, were literally being run over by Ampere, and having her face attacked by her companion. You wrote that her companion blinded her in the comments, but acted like it was no big deal afterwards. Ampere literally ran her over, but you had her get up, and run and charge after. This is highly unrealistic.

[Creativity]
+ 1| Never read anyone have their companion attack them before!

Comments: Some powerplay here - I think you just need to slow down and re-read what you're writing. I really liked how much you stayed in character and had Hespera's companion attack her - although on the first read-through, I didn't really understand the motivation for this. Great spar overall in terms of imagery and descriptiveness!

TOTAL
Ampere - 76
Hespera - 62

Image Credit: dirkjankraan @ Flickr

Messages In This Thread
complexities and contemplations of activists - by Hespera - 08-06-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: complexities and contemplations of activists - by Hespera - 08-30-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: complexities and contemplations of activists - by Hespera - 09-02-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: complexities and contemplations of activists - by Official - 01-16-2014, 03:17 PM