the Rift

STILL BREATHING

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
A warning snort was really all that Apollo heard from the female for a few moments, his hooves pausing in mid-step. It seemed that he had harmed her... A flare of guilt churned in the pit of his stomach, and a frown pulled at his lips for the briefest of moments before continuing on. He stepped into the moonlight then, the rays of the moonlight revealing his painted frame for the pale mare to see. The white splotches that adorned his side seemed to glow in the etheral moonlight, and the crystalline horn upon his brow was illuminated by the rays. Still, nothing could hide the gentleness in his gaze. A flick of his tail and Apollo lifted his head high, settling his soft eyes upon the rather pleasant form of the femme.

'I am fine... No, I am not... I am lost.'

Her questions and answers, her uncertainties... They called to him, as if beckoning him to help. The Chief smiled once more. She continued on, introducing herself as Vervain. It was a name that was foreign on his tongue, and the painted stag thought it over a few times in his mind before testing it on his tongue.

"Many who enter these very woods are like yourself, miss Vervain," he began softly, his vocals drifting through the chilly air, "Lost and wandering. Some arrive in pain from previous battles, some suffer from loss of their loved ones... Some are simply searching for a home." The stallion's head dipped downwards, recognizing the fire that shown in her sapphire eyes. "You stand now in the land of Helovia. This is the Threshold forest where everyone enters this land."

"As I've stated, my name is Apollo. I serve as a Chief from the Windtossed Foothills, a herdland to the north. If you should so desire a place to respite and collect youreslf, I offer you my home." He paused for another moment and allowed Vervain to soak in the information that he was telling her. "We are so much more than just a herd, though. We are a family, a unit, a band called the Grey. We serve each other, we protect each other, and we fight by one another's backs if so need be. If you're looking for a place to be safe, to not be alone... I can lead you there."

Apollo hoped that the female would agree. Their ranks were growing rather thin since the departure of Ophelia, not to mention the others of their band who had went their own ways. The Grey was becoming a target, vulnerable, and if Apollo had anything to say about it, they would stand, and remain strong. Together.

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
STILL BREATHING - by Vervain - 08-09-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: STILL BREATHING - by Apollo - 08-09-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: STILL BREATHING - by Vervain - 08-10-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: STILL BREATHING - by Apollo - 08-11-2013, 03:32 AM