SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS [O]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

His rapid heartbeat only seemed to increase as I neared closer and closer to his mighty frame. His eyes seemed to widen as I thought I would be far enough away to not be noticed. But, alas, I had been so I would continue on forward without hesitation. He shuffled to the side ever so slightly, allowing his toe to drag just so lightly against the dirt as his frame turned to face me and my approach.

It seemed as though my frame pulling from the tree-line did him a world of good, as he let out a long exhale. At asking about his well-being a lop-sided smile pulled on his lips, which I returned with a graceful, gentle tug on my lips. But, not everything seemed to be alright. It was as if the question had brought up tons of bad memories. Tension filled his frame and his breathing even shifted, though it was only slightly (and had I not been accustomed to the difference in vibrations I might not have ever noticed). He blinked a couple times, shuddering a tad as he drug oxygen back into his lungs. He claimed he was alright, but his voice was breaking and tearing in ways that only signaled pain to my poor soul.

Pain. Pain like being betrayed and cheated on. Pain by being force-bred and then losing the child and the one who had been the father (who I had actually grown to like - taking the pain to feel like I belonged somewhere - anywhere). Pain like finally understanding what a real relationship should be like, and gaining that partner for eternity, only to become pregnant and entrapped as a prisoner of war. Pain like breaking free but not knowing for sure what hat happened to my son or mate. Pain. That's all he signaled to me, and it broke my heart that someone who was as young as him had needed to go through so much of it (no matter that I didn't know what was really causing the shuddering breaths, tense jaw, and increased amount of blinking - as if he were blinking away the tears so as to not show them).

He took a few steps closer to me, but I did not shrivel away. No, I stood tall - I could take pain, if one wished to dish it upon me - and I waited to see exactly what it was he was doing. Stopping with a good distance between the two of us he began to inspect me. Recognition seemed to cross his brain, but I knew that I did not know him from my lands. No, there had been no winged ones there - and I had been all the safer for that. And then, he seemed to realize something else - probably my blindness - but didn't allow his voice to put his realizations into the air. "It seems as though something bothered you just then, but I understand the desire to not speak of that which is bothering you...." I murmured before explaining where she was from, my name, and asking for his own.

Anixiel... Ixie. I shuffled Ixie around in my brain a few times before deciding that it seemed to flow with my silken chords easier. The question that tumbled from his maw allowed a girlish laugh to bubble from her laranyx into the air, floating around in the night sky. "No, Oh, Gods no. That would be rather unfortunate. It's a territory to the south - protected by a grand wall and filled with many other pegasi. I'm afraid that the dragon's seem to live in the a territory to the west called the World's Edge. But, they mean no harm." I explained, with a gentle swish of my tail before listening to the rest of his comments. "Oh, no rush at all. I can promise you that," I said, keeping my voice gentle so as to not cause him anymore panic. "Let's see. We are in a state of eternal night - the moon has been the only thing to rise in the past month or so - before that it was eternal darkness. The Gods seem to be missing, but we are hoping they will return soon. If you wish for a home, I can offer you one in the Throat," I explained, before offering the home and then allowing my voice to swirl into the sky again. "But, ask anything you wish and I will try and answer it to the best of my abilities, Sir Ixie." The gentle smile was still on my lips as I awaited to see his responses.

789 words
@[Anixiel]
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS [O] - by Anixiel - 08-09-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS [O] - by Rasta - 08-09-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS [O] - by Anixiel - 08-10-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS [O] - by Rasta - 08-11-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS [O] - by Anixiel - 08-12-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS [O] - by Rasta - 08-13-2013, 11:03 PM