[PRIVATE] A Twist In My Story

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
</style>

The night chill blows softly, fingers of wind tracing down the mare's spine, which causes her to draw her wings in closer again. Golden eyes roam over the brindled stallion, glancing over at his companion. Irrydae smiles softly at the creature, a pang running through her heart at the desire for her own. A desire she believes that would never be filled. As her eyes skim his, she notices something in them, though it flashes by too fast to determine what exactly it was. She found herself hoping it was something that meant this stallion cared, though it could just as easily be anger or something of the likes. Hoping that it was something much like the same look she had received from Evers when she had come up here and found him. Her stomach knots painfully, hitching her breath for a second before she steadies it and hopes the stallion does not notice before pushing it away.

Another shiver runs down her spine, though this time it was most likely not from the cold but from the step towards her. 'Yes, while the darkness doesn't bother me, the unknown of why it has settled over the land does. I worry not only for my own welfare, but more so that of my herdmates.' He says, and Irrydae nods solemnly. As a Storyteller, she should be worried about her herd and be consoling their worries and protecting them from this Endless Night. But because of her distraction, if it could be called that, all she is focusing on is herself. Because of one stallion who left. She is selfish. Irrydae found herself doubting, as she did when she was appointed, why the Earth God had made her Storyteller; she most definitely did not deserve it. But here she was.

'But, just because the sky has been plagued with darkness does not mean that we have to be, too. If I may ask… does your heart lay with any of Helovia's Gods? Do you believe in them, miss…?' His voice cuts through her thoughts and her heart flutters at the smile upon his face. It eases a smile upon her face and she wants to be closer. Closer to the stranger. Her lips part but she does not speak for a second. Her eyes watch him softly, body warming slightly, almost as if coming from the odd feeling in her heart. "I do believe in them," she answers whole-heartedly, "I don't know if I would, after all this, if had not met the Earth God… if I had not seen all four of them disappear. When they stepped into this… I don't even know what it was - a tear in the sky, maybe - the world went dark. And so many thought it was the end. I thought it might have been until the stars came back." She pauses, before telling him more. "I have spoken with the Earth God, he is the patron of my land… he made me the Storyteller." Irrydae tells the stag, so easily offering him information. "I often doubt his choice to make me the Storyteller. I don't understand, it's not something I deserve…." Irrydae trills quietly, eyes turning to the ground as the edges of her hole flares up again painfully.

"blah blah blah."
@[Crowley] :DD
sorry for the lateness this time!

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Messages In This Thread
A Twist In My Story - by Crowley - 08-10-2013, 12:46 AM
RE: A Twist In My Story - by Crowley - 09-20-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: A Twist In My Story - by Irrydae - 10-09-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: A Twist In My Story - by Crowley - 11-04-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: A Twist In My Story - by Irrydae - 11-26-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: A Twist In My Story - by Crowley - 01-27-2014, 12:17 PM