the Rift

Starts with One

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

Artemis eyed the peppy filly with the hint of a smile. She had never met such a positive equine and the youngster's attitude rubbed off on the slightly older mare. He smile was indeed infectious and Artemis gave in to the grin twitching at the corners of her maw. Still, despite her incredibly friendly exterior - or maybe because of it - she felt nervous as the unicorn danced around her. She shifted uncomfortably, smiling lightly yet feeling a little taken aback. Should she dance like that too? Was it normal to be so jolly? She lowered her ears slightly, bewildered. Maybe it was too soon to join a herd if she was expected to be so joyous. The mare doubted she new how to act in such a way, stoic as she was. She opened her mouth but no words came out to her suggestion. What could she say?

Luckily for her, another voice was emitted from the dim lit forest. it made her jump slightly, and although she did not move an inch, her surprise was given away by the twitching of her shoulder. Her heavy head turned to face the strange, who made his way from the shadows to greet them. How long had he been there, exactly? She tilted her head slightly, giving a slight nod to his introduction. "I am well, thank you, she replied. The stallion was friendly enough, and thankfully not as excitable as the filly. It made her feel a little more at ease. The stag had a strong body and handsome features; a true leader, some would say if such could be judged from appearances alone. Something about him radiated confidence and the mare felt infinitely better for his presence, somehow. Her head raised, ears pricking forwards. As he spoke of the 'Grey', whoever that might be, he seemed to arch his head proudly. Yes, Artemis decided. She would accept this stallion as a leader.

It was funny. Her whole life, her mother had warned her of stallions and of herds, that they were cruel and selfish creatures who loved only themselves. By the scars on her mothers face, she had believed her, yet maybe it was not so. Artemis did not find herself in the least frightened of this male.

He described the 'Grey' as a military herd and she nodded slowly. Her mind was made, it seemed, yet before she could answer she was interrupted yet again. No matter, she was in no rush. The mare was no big talker like these others appeared to be. Maybe she would become more like them in due time, but for now she was content in her relative silence.

Another dark form emerged, though he seemed slightly hesitant at first. Artemis did not understand why, yet as he saw the faces of horses he seemed to recognize, he lost the apprehension. Maybe she was looking into it too deeply, maybe he was not hesitant at all, yet she could have sworn she saw him linger uneasily. She stepped toward him slightly as his body moved through the trees, her eyes meeting his face first, then an alien sight; wings. Artemis had heard tales of the pagasai, yet had never met one in person. She took another awkward step, eyeing his wings with curiosity.

She stared for a moment too long before jerking her head back. Darn, how stupid must she look!? Gawping at a pegasus like a damned foal. She turned away slightly. "I apologize for my staring. I have never met someone like you before." She excused herself. If she could have, she would have blushed. At least he kept a respectable distance from her. She wasn't keen on people invading her personal bubble.

Clearing her throat with a grunt, she stepped back to observe the trio of horses; the filly unicorn with the infectious grin; the silver tinted pegasus with glorious wings; and Apollo of the Grey. She smiled. "I thank you all for your kind words. I myself am not a big talker so i will make this quick. If it would please you, Apollo, I would be honored to join the ranks of the Grey." She arched her head proudly. "I know little, but I do know how to fight. I will not disappoint you, lord."

DevArt

Messages In This Thread
Starts with One - by Artemis - 08-10-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: Starts with One - by Antheia - 08-10-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: Starts with One - by Artemis - 08-10-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Starts with One - by Antheia - 08-10-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Starts with One - by Apollo - 08-11-2013, 04:51 AM
RE: Starts with One - by Levi - 08-11-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: Starts with One - by Artemis - 08-11-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: Starts with One - by Antheia - 08-11-2013, 05:11 PM