the Rift

[OPEN] From the shadows I come

Arathea Posts: 56
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Other :: 11/17 hh :: 12 HP: 56.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Raven

If the cold of the winter had not been enough, the sun was one day gone and the world was left in freezing darkness. At first she thought she had gone blind, but it felt as if she could see even though she could not. The cold was all around her, the wind biting together with the hunger that would soon come. Prey became more difficult to find; all rodents and the like huddling in their holes and she would gladly have done the same if she could. Though with little food and little warmth, she too soon went into hiding to save the energy for whenever the sun came back.

Another day, the darkness faded slightly together with the cold. Spring She could feel it in the air and when the moon pierced the darkness she was sure she could feel it caress her very heart. For a very long time, she had laid on a rock in the middle of the meadow and basked in the light of the moon. It was still cold from the lack of sun, but the moon at that moment was warming her spirit more than any sun had ever done. And thus began her travel north.

Going past World's Edge had been difficult. She wanted to stop, turn towards it and cross the borders. To find her way around her former home. But it was not home anymore. Home could be further north, so she ventured on before anyone got the chance to see her. Tired and hungry, she did not care. She rested when she could and ate whenever a prey crossed her path. Would the sun ever come back?

The smell of horses grew stronger again and she assumed she was close to the borders of the Basin. When the smells in the air and on the ground grew, she stopped and lifted her head towards the moon. A lonesome, calling howl sang from the throat. Someone was bound to hear it. If not those she was sent to seek, then someone who would most likely take her to them.

The wolf sat down on her haunches and looked around through the darkness. Her ears pointed where her eyes did not look, constantly moving with her head and her nose analyzed every breath she took. These were their lands and then knew the ways around. The last thing she wanted was to see one of those horns coming shooting out from the shadows towards her.

Messages In This Thread
From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-11-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-17-2013, 09:16 AM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Frost Fyre - 08-17-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-18-2013, 06:57 AM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Frost Fyre - 08-18-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Psyche - 08-18-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-20-2013, 08:42 AM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Harmony - 08-29-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Frost Fyre - 08-30-2013, 01:11 AM