the Rift

[OPEN] From the shadows I come

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

Yes, Mauja had long since left their wintery home in search of a warmer climate, though the shadow-mare rather hoped that he would soon return to her side. It was an uneasy alliance that she led with several of her herd, those who were devoted to the icy king rather than the land they inhabited. If he did not come home, she was afraid that they might follow him and, seeing as many of his loyalists were also of the Plague, leave her helpless in her search for power. But this particular worry was neither here nor there, and had no real place in her mind on this day. This day - who was she kidding? To call this nightmare 'day' would be blasphemous.

She had become used to the darkness which was, in its own way, a blessing, for it allowed her to merge into the shadows in a very chameleon-like way. Of course, she had always had the gift of blending into the background once night fell, or in areas where the shadows were particularly dark and deep, but it had never been quite so easy as it was now, when daybreak never threatened and midnight never ceased. And so it was that she observed Frost Fyre's path to the pass which allowed entry into her realm and silently followed wishing to keep an eye on her young soldier.

The Empress was rather predisposed to dislike the lupine characters that inhabited the land of Helovia, having offered one a home not so long ago and being disappointed by his disappearance. However, she had long since learned that one could get more out of listening than immediate dismissal, and so she remained in the shadows until she was mentioned. With the perfect timing of the most skilled actress, the Lady stepped forth from the darkness and into the pair's sight. "There was no need to seek me out, my dear Frost, though your thorough patrol and call for assistance were very well done." She gifted the filly with a rare smile before turning her attention to the wolf.

"I am the Psyche, the Dark Empress, and Lady of the Basin. You say that Mauja has sent you, from the Edge?" she asked, curious through her suspicion. Well, that male wolf had been useless, but thus far Mauja had proven a better judge of character than she; if he had sent this creature here, then she may be useful yet. She tilted her head, auds pricking forward, and shifted her weight to rest her right hind leg. She sensed no aggression from the female, and would return the favor. "What is your name, she-wolf?"

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-11-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-17-2013, 09:16 AM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Frost Fyre - 08-17-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-18-2013, 06:57 AM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Frost Fyre - 08-18-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Psyche - 08-18-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-20-2013, 08:42 AM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Arathea - 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Harmony - 08-29-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: From the shadows I come - by Frost Fyre - 08-30-2013, 01:11 AM