the Rift

[OPEN] marching soldiers two by two.

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I had only been sleeping, my eyes shut and the cool air that gazed over the Steppe and wafered into the Arch surrounding my body. It wasn't cold or bothering me as my body was used to the cold air. I'm not sure about how long it was before everything went to hell.
The earth shook with anger, throwing my thin body about over the ice floor. I didn't know where anyone was at, and alone, I stumbled out of the cave with my vision blurred. Through the blurred sight, I could see Unicorns. So many of them charging together to an unknown place, heading somewhere. Fright struck me like lightning, and in their stampede, I got caught up in the masses, and was some how dragged into the mountain pass that led me into the Basin. Mom had always told me never to go into the Aurora Basin as they were our neighbors and it's best not to bother them, but today, there was something going on there. It could effect my family, and cause things to happen that I wasn't ready to accept yet. I blinked in the moonlight, trying to climb through the mountain pass. I had respected their scent markers and at times just climbed the mountains half way just to see what the place looked like, seeing a few members going about their daily business. I never bothered them, up until today.
My hooves were hurting by the time I got to the top of the mountain pass, and overlooked the Basin. It had always seemed empty when I looked upon it, but today, you could actually feel the lack of souls. Where was everyone? There was not any sign of danger, fire, or insane natural event going on in the darkness, so there had to be an inside reason as of to move out in the way that they had done. I wanted to go down there, just to make sure everything was alright. You would do the same if your neighbors were all suddenly running from their home in a stampede, right? So I'm trespassing, I'm only being neighborly and checking up on them.
The descent for me began when I tried to slide on my hooves through the snow towards the border, and slipped. I rolled down the mountain, screaming the whole way. How had they even got up the mountain when they were moving that fast? They must of gotten used to it over time, so I'll make it through if I can just get used to it.
My stop was abrupt the moment I hit a snowdrift. It exploded, snow flying upwards in every which way. My small head raised upwards, the pale glow from it exiling me out in the darkness. I knew already that I had crossed their borders without even meaning too, and was fast to return to my hooves. I stood with such lack of grace, I must of been a newborn fawn. My legs didn't want to work with me when I moved that fast, but I got tried at a canter. Again, fear got me again when I heard the sound of hooves.
Oh no.
So, here I am, partically commiting home invasion when I fell into my neighbor's home. In the darkness, I couldn't see who it was, but maybe they could be kind and had seen me fall down the pass while trying to check on them. My trespassing wasn't meant to be a trespass, it was making sure everything was okay.
I couldn't move past them, for now I could see them. It was foal, not too older than me. They stood alone, flicking a strange tail back and forth that reminded me of a cat's. They were one of those people that didn't look to frightening, so there was the chance they wouldn't kill me for my mistake. My head was lowered, ears straight forward, glowing horn showing the words in my pale blue eyes that said 'I'm sorry.'
"Excuse me, please, please, don't kill me. I'm Sikeax, Doctor for the Assassins. We live at the Arch just near by, and I was sleeping when suddenly the whole herd just took off past my home. I thought maybe I could be neighborly and check up on you, just to make sure there wasn't something bad happening. I was coming down the pass when some ice under the snow caught my balance and I fell down the mountain. I didn't mean to trespass, and I just want to get to the other side of the borders just so that we can be on even terms."
What tone I carried in my child's voice said that I was telling every bit of the truth with fear. I scrampered like a dog that was sure it was in trouble, moving past them with great haste just to reach the other side of the border. Oh, I messed up big time. My hooves got me to the other side of the border, or at least what I thought was the border, and just to make sure, I went a good five feet away from the border.
"I'm really sorry. Please don't be mad." They were nothing more than a whisper. This would be the only time that they would see me in such a way, when I trespassed on our neighbor's land. Again, it would be nice if she didn't kill me.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
marching soldiers two by two. - by Frost Fyre - 08-13-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: marching soldiers two by two. - by Sikeax - 08-13-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: marching soldiers two by two. - by Aviya - 08-13-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: marching soldiers two by two. - by Arah - 08-13-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: marching soldiers two by two. - by Frost Fyre - 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: marching soldiers two by two. - by Crowley - 08-13-2013, 09:43 PM
RE: marching soldiers two by two. - by Sikeax - 09-08-2013, 06:43 PM