the Rift

What Hurts [O]

Zyanya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Darkness.
It's quite lonely, something far from that I am accustom to. Disgusting and quiet. My eyes are wide as I soar above... Certain I am circling trees, horrified to land in fear of tearing my own hide or breaking such precious gifts apon my back. I can find lights every now and then, see them glowing dimly as if the life here has made its own hell. Daylight has not been seen for quite some time I swear. Everything seems lacking in life, including the air.
Wings beat and its the only sound you hear. Gliding closer and closer to the tops of the trees till I can see below the greenery. Dark greenery that seems so dull and lifeless. Sorrow is at this edge of this heart.

Blue eyes lighten with surprise as I find a small entrance to the ground, exhausted muscles quiver to find peace. Though this wingspan, it has me circling like a fool. Finding which way I should enter without causing harm. It seems there is no other way than harm though so I crash on purpose. Closing my eyes and tightening my bird appendages to my sides. I can feel the wind pressing against me tightly as I fall. Limbs scrap at my sides and it feels like forever with loudness around me. My legs are tucked tightly, flashing eyes open before the ground before me collides with my face. Dirt and mud clinging to my face before the rest of me hits. I'm numb for a moment then the pain begins to feel unreal. Bruised I am, broken.. not.
Laying there with this unbearable sting.

I grunt and finally let my body rest to its capabilities. I am so tired the pain cannot keep me awake and so I slumber. Falling into this awful sleep. Dreams begin to quake my mind. Flashing lights, fire, my parents. Running. I remember the running. This nightmare, it haunts. Forever and always. My physical pain making it seem all the more real. A thin sweat seems to break at the creases of brown hide. Lungs begin to swell with oxygen as the breathing increases and I am left there... stuck in this awful nightmare and painful position. Right with fully spread across me and slightly covering my nares. This is awful. I cannot wake so I cannot run. I'm stuck. Stuck. Stuck. Stuck.

Messages In This Thread
What Hurts [O] - by Zyanya - 08-15-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: What Hurts [O] - by Antheia - 08-19-2013, 10:42 AM