[OPEN] Don't Underestimate Me...

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj</style>

slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity

with nothing but my pain and the paralyzing agony

"Watch your tone, child!" Kaj had returned from the frontlines, the cowardly Basin warriors never seeking him out, only to stumble upon two young mares verbally tearing each other apart. His voice was loud, shocking, like a roll of thunder. Harks pinned, teeth were bared, massive build towering over both of them in a show of dominance not uncommon to horses. By the Gods, they were not only fighting at the borders, but from within as well?! Blasphemy!

"You are herd sisters, you will respect each other, hold both your tongues!" Wings flared out, face cold and sharp. He was disappointed and disgusted by their behavior, the both of them, though he recognized young Israfel and her importance. Even so, she was just as young. The other, however, was an adult if he went by her appearance, well over the age of two. "Who are you to speak of spilling blood, when you are of age for war?" Though he was no longer bellowing as he had when arriving upon the scene, his vocals had lowered to a deep, warning rumble.

"And do not speak harshly to Israfel, she is too young to fight, do you wish her to be killed with one blow due to the weakness of her bones? Would you want that for your sister?" Whether that instilled guilt or not, there was disgust, disappointment, and disbelief in his vocals. What was happening to them?! The Edge was falling apart at the seams!

Angrily he slapped his wings to his sides, snorting and tossing his head to free his gaze from the dominance of his forelock, taking a deep breath and squeezing his eyes shut to calm himself. "Israfel, do not be so brash in your judgements, your accusations. Harmony, watch your tone and your words, you are far older than Israfel. Must I be here to mediate this dispute?" His voice was far softer now, but it remained low and gruff, obviously tense from the invasion, lines thick and tense around his face, sharp blue eyes examining them like a wise adult peering into the corrupted souls of children. In fact, that was precisely what it was. He had the right to scold them, though he did not like it, but he could not- would not- allow them to act in such a way towards each other.

Why did they hate so freely? Why could they not be brethren? Where was the bond he had cherished so deeply from his own herd so long ago? The companionship he held with Destrier, Mirage? Where they destined for ruin, if this was how their citizens treated each other?

---
Kaj is upset with all this meanness in the Edge xD

Credit

Messages In This Thread
Don't Underestimate Me... - by Harmony - 08-17-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: Don't Underestimate Me... - by Israfel - 08-21-2013, 08:37 AM
RE: Don't Underestimate Me... - by Harmony - 08-27-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: Don't Underestimate Me... - by Kaj - 08-27-2013, 08:31 PM