the Rift

[OPEN] I will not fall, I will stand tall. [Invasion]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
They came into our house, rudely unannounced; waving banners and their perky little cutlass around like complete fools. I didn’t really think that she would turn back; abandoning those unproductive orders that her superiors had given. A loyal soldier wouldn’t, a simpleton wouldn’t. I had asked though, but perhaps not nicely enough—maybe if the sentence had ended in, ‘please,’ she would turn haunches astern toward the snowy world from whence they came. Alas, we would never know what could have been.

“I can’t.” she cried, ‘pity’, I thought. All traces of clemency vanished. The stone cold chill set in, and like a black smog it engulfed my eyes, emotions, until I felt nothing but bitter resentment. I had already fallen a few feet from my original height while we were speaking; this put me in a perfect position to fall again. Tilting my fronthalf down in readiness, I couldn’t help but see the resemblance of this moment to one that occurred not so long ago. Memory flashed to another present, during another invasion; one with Apollo and Tharos. I had attempted a dive/swoop attack that had various degrees of success. Confident that this same tactic would work twice, I leaned further to put it into action. Ears slice back out of expected anger, and frost colored tail whipped in the wind against my painted hips.

The warmed muscles holding an unfurled position, retract in upon themselves. They closed off my feathers, preventing the thermal tempest easy access. I fall forward headfirst, fast, now that all resistance is gone. There would be no armor today and this saddens me—it hangs uselessly around my neck like an adorned choker. Nevertheless, I dive boldly for her ridged spine with planned calculation and morale. Adrenaline rushes in my veins and causes a brief wave of excitement from falling at such a height. There is just enough time to take quick note of important features. Dual antlers, a slightly large size—mostly granted by the length of torso and leg. There was little delay for my eyes to catch much else before I’m forced to pull up.

At the last possible moment that I deemed reasonably safe, both plumed appendages re-extend to catch the wind underneath and cause a rather jerky lift. While this is occurring, I kicked violently out, all four limbs thrashing at what I hoped was my opponent’s lengthy vertebrae. Golden daggers are pointed down to achieve the maximum possible damage, I didn't feel like taking it easy on this girl. She had a chance to leave--and refused, now we both would suffer the consequences. Cranium slithers up to protect my neck region from her swords. I harbored no desire to come in contact with that tipped crown and nor would I ever. My wings beat strongly, brisk and never stopping in their attempt to carry me into the protection of a cloudy heaven. Out of her reach again.

This isn’t an ideal environment for their kind, there wasn’t crowding spruce and evergreen trees to blot out the sky. It was open, a perfect battleground for Pegasus. Even the sand could be difficult to maneuver if one wasn’t used to the amount of squashy give—she would soon learn this valuable lesson one way or another. Or, at least I could hope. Unlike the other invasions, I had no tight lumped regret or remorse--it was my turn to play the angry defender, and drive away our oppressors.

OOC~

Words:: 579

1/4 Attacks

0/2 Magic

Buffs:: Bulk & Swift

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I will not fall, I will stand tall. [Invasion] - by Midas - 08-21-2013, 11:59 AM