the Rift

this one's a fighter
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Well, so far so good - she was neither trying to eat his face off, or seduce him. Definitely an improvement from his latest Threshold ventures, and a change that made him exhale a sigh of relief. The danger wasn't past yet, but it looked a great deal better than it had. A warm, yet somewhat shy, smile appeared on his face. Mauja was a stallion that smiled a lot, sometimes with genuine joy, sometimes from pure, icily cold malice; often he smiled when what he wanted to do was just stab someone through the neck. This time, however, he smiled because he wanted to - because he was relieved, because she was a unicorn mare, but he didn't want to overwhelm her by starting to grin randomly like a giddy colt. Instead he bobbed his head, drinking in her name: Aiyana. Both elegant and strong. He tried it in his head, and found it to his liking. Easy to say, easy to remember. Her voice had a strange quality to it, an accent he'd never heard before, so much more noticeable than any other he'd come across - patchy warmth decorated it, and he very nearly forgot to take in her words, too engrossed with the simple sound of it.

"'They'?" he asked with a raised 'brow, a small, good-natured grin upon his maw. "What do you call yourself, then?" But he didn't really expect an answer - more like something like a you're weird stare. Oh, well... The next subject was one of less mirth; Mauja's face took on a sad cast, something mournful lurking in the depths of his pale blue eyes. With a sigh he took half a step backwards, turning to face the direction from which he had come - west. The direction of the sunset. A faint, woeful smile played upon his face when he spoke, wistfulness in his quiet voice. "The Sun God is upset, and is taking out his wrath on the land. Normally no part of Helovia is like this, and as far as I know, only two remain untouched: the Deep Forest to the south of here, and the tundra to the north. My own home, World's Edge, suffered his wrath directly. This is simply the result of drought and sunlight, but he came to the Edge.. the Sun himself... And set much of my forest on fire. Most of it still stands, though." The FrostHeart sighed again, and peered at her curiously. "I'm sorry that you had to arrive here at such a bad time, Aiyana. I've had it from the lips of the Earth and Moon themselves that when fall properly arrives, they will act to help us. If you'd like to stay in Helovia despite our current hardships, I'd love to shelter you in my herd." No sense beating about the bush...
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
this one's a fighter - by Aiyana - 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: this one's a fighter - by Mauja - 08-02-2012, 04:27 PM
RE: this one's a fighter - by Aiyana - 08-03-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: this one's a fighter - by Mauja - 08-05-2012, 01:38 PM