Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex
prints-of-stock@deviantart
burtn@deviantart
kittykitty5150@deviantart
I saw the mirror starin’ back at me.
And it told me I’m a self machine
------" Tares "------

I feel heavier; not just in body, but in soul. Each step that I take away from the Dragon's Throat and my lover leaves me feeling just a little more lost and helpless. Upon my back Arbutus cries silently, his tears dripping liquid silver upon my withers and sliding in curved paths along my markings. Each heavy step I take shifts their path and my own along with it. I feel lost in the unfamiliar territory, and I am wary of each sound around me. Still, the waters are cool and the trees a comfort; I almost envy this land's inhabitants for their shelter from the sun.

The shade will be a boon for me and the child, I think, surprised at myself. Strange, now to know that there is life stirring within me; strange to know that I will soon be a mother of a darling son. Each time I think of it pride swells within me, and I let some of the sadness of my parting with Aure slip away. I shan't let the distance bring me down- I know our love is strong and forever bound, as will be our ties to this colt.

I've wandered the Foothills for some time now, searching for the lead mare, Gossamer, as instructed by the God of the Earth. Funny, I muse to myself, that he asks a pregnant mare with weak hocks to journey across unfamiliar territory. It doesn't seem entirely considerate. Still, I'm not one to question his motives; I'm far too thankful of his gift to think twice. With bright eyes I look up and search the area around the river where I stand and rest my hocks. Carefully I ease my nose back to blow a warm and comforting breath across my dear charge. He works tirelessly to ease my pain, lets his sadness overflow, but what of his own peace of mind?

"Stop your crying, Arbutus," I assure him, speaking words I'm not sure I believe myself, "It's going to be alright."

Messages In This Thread
It's Going to Be Alright [Questing #3][Gossamer] - by Tares - 08-02-2012, 05:46 PM