baby i've been praying hard;

Kai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Kai
</style>

you're my head
you're my heart

a nest, a flock to rest her head with! oh, but that sounded so, so good, and so frightening at the same time.
she knew she would have to deal with stallions, she knew that she would have to get used to being around brutes; and she also knew she had absolutely nothing to teach- nothing to offer, she would surely be a nuisance to a flock. for her former roost had taught her nothing, and besides the.. incident, she had never had to try and fight!
she knew nothing of healing, she would yet be the lame leg of a well-trained flock, the ugly duckling, so to speak.
and what in the name of all that was holy was a world's edge?

but she had no time to consider, for the lady stopped glaring daggers towards her and instead wheeled around,
"I’m fine. now, do you want a home or not?"
her word's biting into her sensitive ear's, and she flinched, pressing her wings ever closer to her flesh as they trembled with uncertainty and fear;
what had she done to offend the nice lady? she was sorry! she didn't mean to, whatever it was she had said, surely!
was it a insult to ask another's health in this land? she didn't know- perhaps.. it was something similar to calling them weak.
her orb's widen however with the prospect of being left to fend for herself again, and with a startled choke she gathered herself to move into gear.

hurriedly she presses her hind hoof into the hard earth and pushes forward with her haunches in a tiny lunge forwards after the lady, feeling the shock of the sudden movement through her spine.
extending her wings the slightest bit for lift as her front hoof touches the earth again, then the next as she continues forward.
her legs move in unison as she breaks into a easy-going trot after they have all touched the earth again.
ears perked, she brings herself up along the lady.

"I- I didn't mean to be rude!" the frantic words fall from her tongue and a worried frown graces her maw.
"I'm sorry if I offended you, miss! but please don't leave.."
her yellow orbs flick to the shadows as she presses on quickly with her words.
"grateful, as I am for your invitation, I know nothing of this.. world's edge, I am clueless to this land and I may not be able to offer much in return
for joining your ranks. I.. as much, as I would like to assure you that I would be useful in your flock, I know nothing- not of fighting nor of healing.."

should she have said the truth? the lady may take back her kind invitation if she knew how absolutely useless she was. "I digress, however, for I have not yet introduced myself. please, excuse my rude initial behaviour- I am Kai, and you are, miss?"

image credit to aeolle
@[Antheia]

Messages In This Thread
baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-19-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-19-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-21-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Adalaide - 08-22-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-24-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-27-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Adalaide - 08-27-2013, 04:02 PM