baby i've been praying hard;

Kai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Kai
</style>

you're my head
you're my heart

her conflicted orbs eased at the tall mare's words, her voice was still soft, low, above all, it put her mind at ease.
adalaide was kind, the kindest soul she had met in a very long time, and she had almost forgotten that there was still goodness
in the world, that not all were seeking your death or your demise, seeking to harm and destroy and nothing else.
she wished she could answer her now, she wished her heart wasn't so torn and confused at what she should do,
she wished she could not only for her sake, but for the mare's herd, she wished she could say she would join their midst the very
instant she had invited her amongst them. for adalaide offered only good things, she offered her a traveling home,
she offered her training and most of all, she offered her the companionship of a family. a family.
she was willing to refer to her as family.

tears threatened to prick at her bright, sad eyes, and she smiled a little wobbly at the kind mistress.
she would consider the mare's words, but as much as her heart sunk, she knew she could not
make a decision right now, she would have to leave alone, she would have to leave despite
the knowledge that the world was unsafe, scary, it preyed on those who couldn't yet defend themselves
with tooth and metaphoric claw, and she was in no condition to do so.
she wasn't taught, she wasn't trained.
but she could not yet promise the mare she would join them, she could not force
the words past her maw. and so with a trembling, gentle voice she responded to the lady.
"i cannot express my gratitude for your lovely offer, yet I likewise cannot say if I would join your midst, for my heart is conflicted, and I wish to be true with those who i swear loyalty to. i would not betray your offer, and so I will consider it in solitude. If I find my heart belongs with your herd, I will find you soon, and extend my full loyalty to your family. let it be known that i neither shall forget your kindness. thank you, mistress adalaide."
she lowered her neck and dome in a small bow, allowing her wings to spread ever so slightly in respect.

she raised her head, giving the mare a small smile of farewell,
before moving forwards in her journey. she would hopefully survive long enough to fill-out the promise she had made.
but for now, she would allow her mind to rest-easy and think.
the sky was swirling with stars.

and the world was open with possibilities.

[ooc: thread can be closed unless ghost wishes to post again with adalaide as a closing reply! otherwise, finished!
Kai has chosen to become an Outcast.
]

image credit to aeolle
@[Adalaide]

Messages In This Thread
baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-19-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-19-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-21-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Adalaide - 08-22-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-24-2013, 01:37 PM