the Rift

A long shadow in a dark dooryard

Skywalker Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She smiles and it runs off him like water.

Perhaps it is her tender age that cajoles her into what he weaves: a deranged, sticky web of insincerity and lies. Perhaps she is so disposed to accept his brazen gestures simply by a gregarious nature that he does not understand. It makes no difference. Skywalker knows how to play it, how to mold that precious innocence in his cupped palms – careful as if it were a drop of water – into something as ugly as the prominent curve of his nose. And though he holds a feverish aversion to intimacy he suffers it nonetheless, clenching his teeth when she buries her soft muzzle in his mane. Her touch is like a bolt of electricity that crashes through his skin and sends him, if only for a second, whirling out of the long shadow of his restraint. Unexpected.

He moves away from her touch.

Holding her gaze he notices how her pupils dilate and for a moment he considers how bravely the young mare meets his own, cold eyes. A shiver of satisfaction attaches itself to him and he allows for it to cling to him for the briefest of moments before he shakes it into the ground; the vulpine grin that slowly crawls across his lips is a thespian one. Harmony has been slung into a dangerous game, or has she slung herself willingly into the ruthless diversions that Skywalker entertains himself with? Moving sideways he gestures for her to lead the way through the dark. “But you see,” his voice is perilously intoxicating, like absinthe, “I always repay the favors done to me.”

A pause and a thin little smile, “I’m sure you’ll think of something, in due time.”

Only, Skywalker has a strange way of repaying that which is owed.

S K Y W A L K E R.

Word count: 301
OOC: Sky is going to join the asylum, but I figure he can be sneaky and not tell her and just tag along too see what she's all about?

Harmony

Messages In This Thread
A long shadow in a dark dooryard - by Skywalker - 08-19-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: A long shadow in a dark dooryard - by Harmony - 08-19-2013, 08:21 PM
A long shadow in a dark dooryard - by Skywalker - 08-20-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: A long shadow in a dark dooryard - by Harmony - 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: A long shadow in a dark dooryard - by Skywalker - 08-27-2013, 07:03 PM
RE: A long shadow in a dark dooryard - by Harmony - 08-28-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: A long shadow in a dark dooryard - by Skywalker - 08-29-2013, 03:34 PM