the Rift

Company [Andash/Open]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

</style>

I walked solemnly along the ground in the burning Tallsun, my ears flicked back and tail twitching in discomfort. I was not one for the heat, though there was some sort of heat I liked. I sighed, remembering the fire of my mate’s wings and her little companion, the sweet little phoenix Arbutus. I looked for him now, flitting about the skies, coming to bring me a message from my Tares. I shook my flaxen mane and tried to clear my head—rather unsuccessfully. The only things I could think of were my mate and our unborn son, all the way in the Foothills. I stopped to lean under the shade of a nearby tree, grateful for the relief. I stretched my wings, feeling them relax as they unfurled, suddenly noticing the fatigue in my body. I had been wandering along in the Throat since the departure of Tares, and I figured I had not stopped since. I was weary and sad, ready for a nap. And yet I knew I could not sleep without her wing on my withers.

I trotted around the tree, leaves falling in my mane that was flying out behind me, and unconsciously kept going round in circles. Suddenly, I tripped, falling slightly and catching myself quite painfully on both knees. In my mind, I saw myself in this position, a past version of myself, sans vine-marking. But that did not mean my nose was empty. Though in a way, it was—empty of skin and coat. My nose was zombie-like, with the muscles showing through, as well as some of the bone. Hoof marks were beat into my sides and my flanks heaved with pain. I could see that each breath was a struggle, and blood pooled underneath me, dripping from my nose as well as various other places. My green eyes were wild with fury, shame, sadness, and pain.

I saw my mouth open and when I spoke my voice was cracked with the pain that racked my body. “Gods. I . . . I plead with you. Tell me how to get away from Beauregard. I need to leave before he does this again to me. I cannot endure this pain. I wish to forget him, and all he has done. Please.” Bright light flashed all around my form and I hear a soft thud as I fell to my side. I crept closer to myself and watched as green shimmering light covered my nose, reconstructing the lost muscle and tissue, and as the light faded, my nose was fully intact and with a new addition. A white vine marking winded around my nose, still glittering in the aftermath of the magic. Familiar green eyes fluttered open and I watched myself stand, disoriented from the magic. Brow furrowed, eyes blank, I sadly watched as I understood. My wish had been taken quite literally, to forget. I watched myself experience the first time I had no memories with sadness in my current green eyes.

I wondered which god had granted this wish. I judged from the vine marking he had left on his handiwork of my nose that it was the God of the Earth. His magic worked quite well to revoke my memory. I wondered if each time I remembered too much, it would trigger the magic to wipe everything out when I fell asleep. I sighed. I wondered if it was his intention to wipe out everything. Yet, I knew I could not question such a gift. I pawed at the ground, desperately needing a distraction.

Messages In This Thread
Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-02-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Andash - 08-02-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-02-2012, 09:06 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Andash - 08-03-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Tares - 08-03-2012, 11:03 AM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-04-2012, 11:29 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Andash - 08-05-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Tares - 08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-05-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Andash - 08-06-2012, 11:35 AM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM