the Rift

Company [Andash/Open]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

</style>
       I looked shyly at Andash as he told me how lucky I was to have a mate like Tares, and I fully understood him. Tares was a gift from the gods, much like my freedom from Beauregard, the mending and marking of my nose, and our son. Our son was the most wonderful blessing of all. Judging by the cycles of the moon and sun, I thought I should be seeing Arbutus soon, bearing the news that our colt was about to be born. I rejoiced at being able to see my Tares again, and being there to drape my comforting charcoal wing across her back as she carried the painful weight of our child. I looked at the ghostly stallion who had kept my company for so long, sharing heartfelt stories and comforting glances. Andash would always be a true friend. I gently and slightly opened my wings, and slightly shook the feathers and aching muscles. Tightly squeezing the large gliders against my sides made them ache and long for freedom, like the sky.

I considered flying to the Foothills, to see my Tares a few days early, even though I knew I should wait for a message from Arbutus. I sighed inwardly and arranged a slight smile on my soft features, thankful for the company I had anyway. I leaned against the trunk of the tree, my legs tender from walking for so long. My nerves were still shaky, and telling my stories, not to mention experiencing them before Andash arrived was taking a toll on my strength. The less I had to think about Beauregard, the better, and getting away from the place I remembered him last would ease my mind. I knew Andash would understand, and I was sure that he had better things to do with his time than listen to a dame’s troubles.

I stood to my full height, and looked with bright and lively green orbs at the pair of ice blue before me. “You have been wonderful to me, Andash. You were lucky to happen upon me when you did, before I really had time to think about my flashback. I assume you will understand my need to leave this spot, so I can simply clear my wretched thoughts? It has been wonderful sharing ever so much with you, and you will always be a true friend. When Tares returns with our son, I should very much like for you to meet them. I know she will like you very much.”

I turned from the pale brute, ready to walk away, as soon as he told me it was alright. He was a wonderful stallion, proof of the finest we housed in the Dragon’s Throat herd.

Messages In This Thread
Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-02-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Andash - 08-02-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-02-2012, 09:06 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Andash - 08-03-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Tares - 08-03-2012, 11:03 AM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-04-2012, 11:29 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Andash - 08-05-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Tares - 08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-05-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Andash - 08-06-2012, 11:35 AM
RE: Company [Andash/Open] - by Aure - 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM